What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

How to fix pulley squeel?

hendr1x

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
The printer was running good for months. Yesterday it developed this noise. I'm pretty confident that it's coming from the right side pulleys but I don't know why it started or how to fix. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a video that demonstrates the sound but you will have to unmute the video.

If it is indeed the pulley/bearing stack that is making the noise, the only real fix is to replace the bearings. They are cheap and it's easy to replace them. You should probably cheap your stepper motor as well when you move the belts out of the way.

If it is indeed the pulley/bearing stack that is making the noise, the only real fix is to replace the bearings. They are cheap and it's easy to replace them. You should probably cheap your stepper motor as well when you move the belts out of the way.
Oh...I forgot they were bearings..I though they were just pulleys. Thanks. I'll change them

I have no idea what that last means...I assume you meant a different word then cheap but I have no idea what it was.

Did you notice the rust on the two BHCS screws ?
Why are they rusted ?
What is this printer environment ?

Oh...I forgot they were bearings..I though they were just pulleys. Thanks. I'll change them

I have no idea what that last means...I assume you meant a different word then cheap but I have no idea what it was.
That was a typo, haha. I meant to say "check".