What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Inductive probe selection?

maddog4094

I was trying to figure out if i can use a barrel style Baumer IFRM 12p1702/L inductive probe for my 2.4 build?

Last edited:
It looks like this is PNP and Normally Opened probe. Check whether your board where you intend to plug it support ground switching (PNP) instead of 24V switching (NPN). For example Octopus Pro has a jumper for it. Others may require external resistor. If the board does not have diode (like bat85) you may need to add that one as well.

This is also NO (Normally Open) probe. You want Normally Closed, where circuit breaks upon sensing metal. Because when the wire breaks, Klipper throws an error thinking it's triggered, while with NO, when wire breaks, it will move down down down waiting for signal which never comes.

Cool, I appreciate the information. I just happened to have 1 of the sensors and thought I'd save a few bucks if possible. Thanks

The NC probe thing saved me when the Zonghe melted and died after about 360 Hours. I replaced it with a B Stock Omron, which worked flawlessly after that (for about 300 hours), until I upgraded to Tap.