What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Inductive Switch config issue

Broenah

I'm almost there! Bought a used Voron 2.4 from someone (my first Voron), had some broken wiring in the drag chain...so i decided since i didn't know any better to convert to canbus. I have installed BTT SB2209 RP2040, going to BTT U2C and an Octopus 1.1 board. With all the great manuals and videos around, i have got x/y/z homing working, bed heating, and hot end heating and filament extruding. I have tested the 2 fans in the stealthburner and both of them i can control (so i believe generally i have my canbus working). The problem is that i can't get the gantry leveling to work. When I look in machine web interface, my probe endstop always reports open (or closed depending upon the config). I can see the red light on the inductive switch, and if i move a piece of metal near it, the light does turn off, however when i re-query the endstops, probe never changes from open.
I have the connector plugged into "ind or fan" and set the jumper to IND. I did not put my settings for the proximity in my BTT config file, just referenced it in my main printer.cfg file, but i have attached them both here.
In printer.cfg I have:
[probe]
## Inductive Probe
## This probe is not used for Z height, only Quad Gantry Leveling

## Select the probe port by type:
## For the PROBE port. Will not work with Diode. May need pull-up resistor from signal to 24V.
#pin: ~!PB7
## For the DIAG_7 port. NEEDS BAT85 DIODE! Change to !PG15 if probe is NO.
pin: EBBCan:gpio6
## For Octopus Pro PROBE port; NPN and PNP proximity switch types can be set by jumper
#pin: ~!PC5

Any help would be appreciated. I have linked the cfg files and a picture of the toolhead connectorsConfig files and picture

Last edited:
Files attached here instead of in google drive for convenience

Attachments

• config-20240720-191833.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 0