What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Is there a source for specific DXF Files?

MagicToolbox

I have an edit I would like to make to the X-Y Joint cable bridge (3 hole) that I think would make the wire path much better. I am a long time user of AutoCAD, but have not wrapped my head around F3D. Is there a place I can get a DXF file of this part?

Learning F3D is on my list, but while I am getting my head around Klipper it just isn't in the cards.

Otherwise I may just redraw it.

Well, that was the wrong image... This should be the right one.

1699979632382.png

Last edited:
I have an edit I would like to make to the X-Y Joint cable bridge (3 hole) that I think would make the wire path much better. I am a long time user of AutoCAD, but have not wrapped my head around F3D. Is there a place I can get a DXF file of this part?

Learning F3D is on my list, but while I am getting my head around Klipper it just isn't in the cards.

Otherwise I may just redraw it.
DXF files AFAIK deals only with 2D drawings and are not what you want. And CAD files are usually made available as STEP as well, which is standardized and should be able to be read by any CAD program (you may need to unzip it before, depending on the repo). No need to reinvent the wheel.

DXF files AFAIK deals only with 2D drawings and are not what you want. And CAD files are usually made available as STEP as well, which is standardized and should be able to be read by any CAD program (you may need to unzip it before, depending on the repo). No need to reinvent the wheel.
Thank you. I had DXF on the brain because earlier in the day I got the DXF for the Deck panel. I have now downloaded the STEP file and imported it in to AutoCAD, then extracted the part I want to modify. I appreciate your help!

Thank you. I had DXF on the brain because earlier in the day I got the DXF for the Deck panel. I have now downloaded the STEP file and imported it in to AutoCAD, then extracted the part I want to modify. I appreciate your help!
You are welcome.

I didn't like the way the original cable joint forced an unnecessary 180 bend on the carriage wires. Can bus may be in my future, but this was a good place to start on mods for myself. By removing the tapered last joint on the drag chain, and modifying the printed bracket, the wires flow much more naturally off the carriage. The wires are also less likely to come into contact with the Z2 gates belt.

Cable joint 1.jpgCable joint 2.jpgInstalled.jpg

installed at limits.jpg
I have run the printer around and see no place where it interferes with movement.

I'm not sure if there are any rules regarding posting STL's, if its not appropriate, please let me know. Given that the source of the file was the Voron design, the license carries from that original. I'd like credit for contribution.

Attachments

• xy joint cable path.stl
    635.1 KB · Views: 0