What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Issue with printing with PLA (Stealthburner)

Torwald

Hello fellow Voron 2.4 users!
I have an issue with PLA prints. Fully tuned printer, everything is set properly (even with using ADXL).
The problem I have looks like this:
1714301327645.png

I have tried EVERYTHING, and NOTHING seems to work except getting rid of panels and printing without chamber. Event then it looks worse than prints I have done years ago on Ender 3.
Is Voron not capable of printing PLA in chamber? Seriously...

I thought that it would be a an ultimate printer and upgrade from Ender. Now it seems that Ender (in chamber too) work better...

My setup:
Voron 2.4 from Formbot
TAP
Stealthburner with Dragon HF

pls help - I have spent last week tinkering with Orca settings and failed...

Dragon hf has known issues with pla. If you want good pla prints you will need to use literally any hotend except a dragon hf.
The least expensive way to fix and test this is simply get a dragon sf heatbreak and swap it out.

PLA is not supposed to be printed in a chamber, you can get hear creep that way and potential clogs. This is not Voron Specific.

There is a setting called slow down for overhangs, increase your time there in the slicer.

I would say it is Voron specific, the enclosed X1C Bambu at my work prints PLA and TPU faster than I could ever get my V2.4 to the point of me adding exhaust fans and using different toolheads for my V2.4 to get better prints. I've spent the better part of the last week looking at the CPAP mods because I'm still unhappy with my Voron PLA prints with added 5015 fans, but the question is - another $200 worth of mods that might not work or another $1200 Bambu and get good at gluing and post processing smaller prints lol.

I would say it is Voron specific, the enclosed X1C Bambu at my work prints PLA and TPU faster than I could ever get my V2.4 to the point of me adding exhaust fans and using different toolheads for my V2.4 to get better prints. I've spent the better part of the last week looking at the CPAP mods because I'm still unhappy with my Voron PLA prints with added 5015 fans, but the question is - another $200 worth of mods that might not work or another $1200 Bambu and get good at gluing and post processing smaller prints lol.
I bet you its more slicer related then hardware.

Just a little FYI, (since I do love my X1C) they have a large format printer coming out soon.

@StevenB
I got E3D V6 with the printer, might give it a go...

PLA is not supposed to be printed in a chamber, you can get hear creep that way and potential clogs. This is not Voron Specific.
Ender 3 printed PLA in chamber just fine, for months - got it installed in IKEA Lack. Temps were the same as they are in Voron.
I have tried everything, nothing helped.
1714467471915.png1714467573126.png

At this point I think it's either issue with cooling or DHF. I will try to find a bracket for E3D V6 to test.
If this also fails, I will have to get rid of all Silk PLA I got :/