What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Just Built my first Vonon 2.4c Issues with Tap showing triggered in klipper

RangerB

I just bult the Voron 2.4R2 Version C LDO kit. I may have done bad and went straight to trying TAP. The Tap kit I bought from MH with the pre-made wire with the resistor on it. I checked the polarity and red goes to 24 V Black goes to Gnd and white is in the center pin On the Toolhead board the wires appear to match the silk as well (I did have to swap out the microfit for a jst connector and did check for continuity with a meter . I have checked the cable going from the lower breakout PCB to the Controller also appears to be correct. In printer configurator I am calling out pin PG15 as will. I wired the unit up using the LDO wiring guide. I can move the head x, y & z. I can heat the bed up and the nozzle. Now Im stuck with this Z issue.

Please let me know if I can check anything else. I have attached my config file as a text file

Thanks for your time

Attachments

• printer.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I just bult the Voron 2.4R2 Version C LDO kit. I may have done bad and went straight to trying TAP. The Tap kit I bought from MH with the pre-made wire with the resistor on it. I checked the polarity and red goes to 24 V Black goes to Gnd and white is in the center pin On the Toolhead board the wires appear to match the silk as well (I did have to swap out the microfit for a jst connector and did check for continuity with a meter . I have checked the cable going from the lower breakout PCB to the Controller also appears to be correct. In printer configurator I am calling out pin PG15 as will. I wired the unit up using the LDO wiring guide. I can move the head x, y & z. I can heat the bed up and the nozzle. Now Im stuck with this Z issue.

Please let me know if I can check anything else. I have attached my config file as a text file

Thanks for your time
I think I figured it out, I was removing the Tool head and the led lit up on tap. Now I just need to hopefully adjust it.

Will it change state if you manually stick something into the optical sensor? I found that the carriage mount part tab is a bit too short, so I had to fiddle the sensor mounting to make it work. I'm using the spec standalone wired sensor and only mounted with one screw so I could angle it down a bit; that's just enough to make it work. I know others have mentioned running into the tab being a bit short as well.

Will it change state if you manually stick something into the optical sensor? I found that the carriage mount part tab is a bit too short, so I had to fiddle the sensor mounting to make it work. I'm using the spec standalone wired sensor and only mounted with one screw so I could angle it down a bit; that's just enough to make it work. I know others have mentioned running into the tab being a bit short as well.
Thanks for responding, I figured it out last night and you are correct. It did work when I manually stuck pla

you are correct, I found it last night. My sensor is on the board and is very fussy, I will reprint the part that goes into it and add a little more material to it.

Thanks for getting back with me, I greatly appreciated