What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Klicky probe setup issue

Avish

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 300mm LDO kit
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hello from Cape Town South Africa

I'm new to the the forum and I'm close to completing my first Voron 2.4 build (LDO 300mm kit). I followed Nero3d's livestream build and have gotten through it mostly trouble free. I am experiencing issues setting up the klicky probe from jlas1.

My problem comes up when I include klicky-probe.cfg in my printer.cfg and comment safe_z_home out. Homing Z throws up an out of range error. If I revert to safe_z_home, Z homing works fine.
There seems to be an issue with the Homing_override in klicky-macros.cfg which throws out the out of range error immediately when it tries to home Z.

As a workaround, I have removed homing_override and replaced it with safe_z_home in klicky-macros.cfg and it works without issue to home xyz, undock, probe and dock. While it's functional, I would like it to work as intended. So if you have guidance on how to find the root cause and resolve it, I would appreciate the help.

"An out of range error" is very vague. So equally vague help would be "make sure you've correctly set all the things in klicky variables". There are several easy mistakes in there regarding dock positions and such. But without a more specific error, thars about all we can give you.