What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Klipper Z-Offset Problem tied to BMC?

Durahl

For a while now ( but in particular since making some Upgrades ) I've had MAJOR issues with my Z-Offset despite not making any particularly noteworthy changes to the Probe System ( ChaoticLab Voron CNC Tap V2.0 ).
Prints would either start too low scraping the Nozzle over the Bed ( luckily the built in compliance of Tap makes this a nonissue neither damaging the Bed or Nozzle ) or print in essentially thin Air - Sometimes like 2-3 Layers high thin Air.
Ppl would insist on suggesting the use of a HeatSoak Macro as I wasn't using one, so I did ( practically only adding a fuckton of wait time to every Print 😑💢 )

"Slightly" annoyed, I started reverting every Probe relevant Setting I may have changed over the years back to the "default" ones I started out with on the back then BTT Octopus V1.1 as perhaps TAP may be designed around them but nope... Still not working. Made the switch from KAMP to native Klipper Adaptive BMC... Again, fat nope.

Out of pure happenstance I came across an "older" YouTube Video in my feed where someone claimed there perhaps being an issue with BMC so I gave it a try disabling BMC and yea... Solved my issue.
Made the change to the configs yesterday evening with a successful Print on first Try with another successful one today from cold start - Neither with HeatSoaking.

Soo... Yeaa... 🤔 Anyone aware of Klipper having a BMC related BUG that fucks with the Z-Offset? 🤨

Bed Mesh Calibration with mentioning Klipper to make sure no one assuming I'm on perhaps RepRap 😅