What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved LDO Nitehawk. Do I have a faulty baord or have I done something wrong?

Ho-whizzle

Printer Model
LDO Trident 300
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I finally got my LDO Nitehawk installed but I am facing two problems where I cannot under why so I am thinking either there is something wrong with the boardoard I have done something wrong.

1. I keep getting the error regarding "ADC out fo range" I thought it was relating to the thermistor because I had to conver the connector from 2.54mm to a 2.00 JST connector.
I have attached the photo and klipper log for reference.
2. There is no JST connection for the neopixel but according to the guide it should be in the SB toolhead pins. To be honest problem no.1 is more important. :p

Thank you all in advance and have a ncie day.

Attachments

• klippy.log
    674 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-05-07 213629.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 213629.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 9
it's the thermistor, your extruder and chamber temp are both reporting around -56C, which is probably below the configured min_temp. you either have a wrong / bad connection, or the wrong thermistor type defined for them (both?)

Very interesting. Is there anyway to disable the thermistor to check if it is a hardware or software issue?

Very interesting. Is there anyway to disable the thermistor to check if it is a hardware or software issue?
You can (and probably should) remove, or comment out the chamber_temp for now so that you can troubleshoot the extruder thermistor in isolation. but you can't disable that one.

after a closer look at your config... you don't appear to have anything at all for your nitehawk board... did you perhaps miss a `[include nitehawk-sb.cfg]`?

I am so embarrassed I forgot to add [include nitehawk-sb.cfg] in the printer config file but now it gave me a new error

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 22.14.45.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 22.14.45.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 4
Ok so fair I managed to squash some bugs but I am now I am a stand still because I dont know what Klipper is trying to tell me. please help (T_T).

Unfortunately the clipper log is too big to attach but I have attached the printer config which the error is referring to.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 22.46.15.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 22.46.15.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
  • config file.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
So fair I squashed a another bug but at the moment Klipper is stuck on the this error message which I have no idea what it is referring to. photo and error log attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 00.13.27.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 00.13.27.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 5
  • klippy.txt
    207.5 KB · Views: 1
So fair I squashed a another bug but at the moment Klipper is stuck on the this error message which I have no idea what it is referring to. photo and error log attached.
It's saying it can't talk to the nighthawk. Either the serial id is incorrect, or the board is not currently present and accounted for. Rechecking ls /dev/serial/by-id/* should give you a pretty good idea which

It's saying it can't talk to the nighthawk. Either the serial id is incorrect, or the board is not currently present and accounted for. Rechecking ls /dev/serial/by-id/* should give you a pretty good idea which
Great thanks! now I am back with the original issue which I have attached the photo and log

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 01.19.21.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 01.19.21.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 5
  • klippy.log
    915.8 KB · Views: 0
That one is saying Klipper can't see the required thermistor.
Long time no hear from! Thanks for the suggestion. I know thermistor is plugs but I am not sure if the arrange wiring is important. I have changed the min temp to -250 and I was able to get a reading both chamber and hot end thermsitor seems to have issues. I am starting to think that the issue is with the board.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 145330.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 145330.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
Polarity doesn't matter on thermistors. A couple of thoughts because those vlaues are definitely not right. Are the thermistors defined with the correct model? Can you try a different port?

Polarity doesn't matter on thermistors. A couple of thoughts because those vlaues are definitely not right. Are the thermistors defined with the correct model? Can you try a different port?
Really good question! I can answer that 100% confidence with "I Dont know" because I am still new to this and I am not sure if I just copy all the settings from the printer.cfg file to the Nite-hawk-sb.cfg file.

Long time no hear from! Thanks for the suggestion. I know thermistor is plugs but I am not sure if the arrange wiring is important. I have changed the min temp to -250 and I was able to get a reading both chamber and hot end thermsitor seems to have issues. I am starting to think that the issue is with the board.
That's almost certainly a configuration error, or possibly bad wiring. I really doubt it's the board. Post a klippy.log

That's almost certainly a configuration error, or possibly bad wiring. I really doubt it's the board. Post a klippy.log
You are absolutely correct.
I have finally fixed all the issues. basically I have to change all the pins in the printer config file to match the ones in the nitehawk config file. The LDO nitehawk works like a dream now. Thank you all!

You are absolutely correct.
I have finally fixed all the issues. basically I have to change all the pins in the printer config file to match the ones in the nitehawk config file. The LDO nitehawk works like a dream now. Thank you all!
Normally you just *delete* the duplicate lines, allowing the ones in the nighthawk file to take effect, but whatever works!