What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Lost communication with MCU 'mcu' ALWAYS on 2 layer of printing and same position

Printer Model
Voron 2.4 R2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
Hi. Recently i finish assemble my Voron 2.4 R2. All test (homing, autoleveling, pid) is fine and even first layer of print is fine, but when printer change layer from 1 to 2 i get Lost communication with MCU 'mcu' with b'Got EOF when reading from device' in klipper.log

So basicaly in my case difference with other Lost communication with MCU 'mcu' i can find i google its always shutdown on one particular position.

My setup:
Octopus 1.1
BTT PI 1.2
Mean well lrs-200-24 PSU
Mean well rs 25 5 PSU

What i try:
Change and isolate USB connection
Print with lowering bed and extruder temp to 40 and 100 (without filament obviosly)
Lowering sense_resistor 1.110 -> 1.10 on z0 z1 z2 z3 motors
Off any other devices in room

Also i connect my btt pi with two 1 pin connectors to 40 pin gpi maybe it cause problem with power spike ?
Im not electrician so need advice if better change it to default power connect or microUSB connect.
Logs and config attached.
Help

Attachments

• klippy log + config.zip
    846.3 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried a different USB cable or port on the PI?
Maybe reflash the PI, Octopus or both?

Have you tried a different USB cable or port on the PI?
Maybe reflash the PI, Octopus or both?
Yep i tryed another different cable\ports its not working.
This morning i reflesh PI and have sad situation(my another thread:))
Now i rewire my whole setup in better way and also check it for any kind of burn or smth. I order another octopus and raspberry pi 3 instead my btt pi.
But before i test another fan slot dont want to burn another plate)

Yep i tryed another different cable\ports its not working.
This morning i reflesh PI and have sad situation(my another thread:))
Now i rewire my whole setup in better way and also check it for any kind of burn or smth. I order another octopus and raspberry pi 3 instead my btt pi.
But before i test another fan slot dont want to burn another plate)
Yeah I saw that thread. That is a bummer and surprising.

Somehow i manage to break part fan wire when reassembling heater. So when it run all shut down. Solder the wire and its work fine thx.