What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Lots of missing parts..?

REDzeroFIVE

Printer Model
Voron Trident CoreXY
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Other
I just received what I believe to be the Voron Trident CoreXY I ordered from forbot3d last week. I started following the assembly instructions, and got the basic extrusion frame put together with no problems, but then I got to the A/B Drive and Idlers section and it kinda went sideways. I have the drive motors, but there is no trace of the rest of the parts used to assemble the drives and idlers. And then, after going back to the formbot3d website and looking at the pictures of the assembled kit, I realize there are a lot of other missing parts - there are a whole bunch of red and black faceplates and components that weren't included in the box that came. I'm wondering if I didn't get the wrong unit, but given that this is the first time I've ever seen anything from Voron, I have no idea what I'm looking at and whether there are pieces missing from the Trident I ordered or if someone sent the wrong unit - any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, after a little more digging than I thought would be required for something so obvious, it turns out the Voron kit excludes a number of parts... for some reason..? I don't know why some plastic parts are included and others need to be printed, but I suppose there's some method to the madness there. At any rate, I found the Print It Forward link in their sourcing guide, which sounds like exactly what I need, however you can't get in line or make a request without logging in, but there is no link to actually register an account...? I swear I don't normally feel this stupid, but if this is all supposed to be setup to make sense to the random hobbyist that came across a video on YouTube then something is missing the mark a bit 🤷‍♂️

Hello, to build a VORON, you need to plastic parts. They are usually not part of any kit you buy, unless seller explicitly states they are included and you pay extra for them. You either do it yourself, or you ask somebody to print those. There is official Print It Forward service available at https://pif.voron.dev in case you cannot or do not want to print ABS. here are latest STLs to print parts: https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-Trident/tree/main/STLs

As for why there are certain parts in kit and not other - VORON Design is not responsible for what company producing those kits throws in a box. If they decided to throw in bunch of their own injection molded parts, it's up to them. Those parts will probably be obsoleted once new revision or quick fix to existing parts is published. Most probably they are already obsoleted now if they include Afterburner and not Stealthburner toolhead, so you do not loose anything :)

At any rate, I found the Print It Forward link in their sourcing guide, which sounds like exactly what I need, however you can't get in line or make a request without logging in, but there is no link to actually register an account...?
You use your Discord account which you used to join VORON Discord. Keep your DMs opened for people from VORON server, PIF provider will be contacting you through Discord once it's your turn.

You use your Discord account which you used to join VORON Discord. Keep your DMs opened for people from VORON server, PIF provider will be contacting you through Discord once it's your turn.
Thanks a lot for your help - formbot ended up sending me a link to their recommended Etsy partner so I just ordered them from there. The Voron manual seems really well-written so far, so I imagine I must have just missed the part that talked about these parts that need printing. Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for your help - formbot ended up sending me a link to their recommended Etsy partner so I just ordered them from there. The Voron manual seems really well-written so far, so I imagine I must have just missed the part that talked about these parts that need printing. Thanks again!
What was the price of those Etsy parts?