What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Main Connectors (options)

MichaelOToole

Has anyone used these connectors, they are available in several forms including Din Rail mounts?
LT-933L_DinRailMainConnectors.png
LT-933L
Update: DIN Rail clips are fragile, when I tried to remove it, a clip broke... been gentle...

Mains3WayConnectors.png
D3-9

KV4312G.png
KV4312G

I've been using a similar type (D3-9, non rail) for over a year in a project, one mains feed to power three devices (combined rating under 13A).
As my LDO kit came with (only) two Wago (20A / 300V) and 6 UK2.5 (20A at 600V) connectors, I looked for alternatives...

The UK2.5V are over kill, meant for electrical distribution...
The Wago are probably more suited but the KV4312G is a better option being all in one and Din Rail mounted...

Just a thought...

Last edited:
I haven't used them but they look to be high enough rated. I think as long as you know they won't pull out, they should be okay. Just give a good tug.

I tested the D3-9 version using a variety of cables, never managed to pull one out, most simply broke, heavier multi-strand cables might pullout but not with the wire intact.
These connectors are surprisingly strong, the levers requires a bit of effort to open and confident snap when closing.

Genuinely feel good quality, considerably more robust than other expensive brands I've used. I've ordered the KV4312G DIN-Rail version, will post back after they arrive and I've test them (might be of interest for other projects who knows).

Disclaimer... Always use quality connectors for mains application, stick to appropriate standard devices.

Last edited:
Disclaimer... Always use quality connectors for mains application, stick to appropriate standard devices.
I agree. Especially since i am in 230 volts land. That bites :D
But now the question is: Are there any of these types of connector with appropriate approvals?

D3-9 seems to be the only one that at least has some ratings, even though CE is not worth all that much to be honest.

I'm sure these connectors can handle the amperage. Even when generously de-rated (something you should always do for "chinesium" products) the connectors should be able to handle that.

But there are other quality aspects. The quality of the plastics for one. On related articles on Amazon i saw several reports about brittle plastics, of levers breaking off on first use, of cables getting pulled out, and various other issues. Some issues surely are caused by inappropriate usage, but there still remains a certain trust issue that i would not have with genuine WAGO connectors or other reputable manufacturers.
The chinese brands themselves often also have a consistency issues. One batch might be amazing, the next batch might be utter crap.

For that reason i am not fully trusting the UK2.5 blocks that were included in my LDO kit. I am still considering replacing them with WAGOs.

Strangely enough, I also ordered Wago connectors, just in case ;)

I guess I'm a little suspicious when people dismiss products just because it's made in China. I don't think I could afford my hobby, if I didn't buy from there, in fact I know I couldn't...
I worked as an engineer in the electronics industry for over 40 years, I've seen my share of quality and crap but I'm beginning to doubt my ability to discern quality from crap...

I guess I watch too many youtube videos...

Last edited:
I do not straight out dismiss anything made in china. Otherwise i would not have much electronics :D
It should be said a bit different: It is cheap crap that i have problems with. And much cheap crap comes from china, since so much stuff in general comes from china.
But the reverse is not true: Not everything from china is cheap crap. As everywhere: You get what you pay for.

Add to that the geographical, language and mentality barriers that i assume would apply to most of us here in the forum, it gets difficult to separate the good stuff from the bad. Approval organizations can help with that, regardless of where whatever they certify was made.

The LT-933 type arrived today, here's my first impressions...
  • LT-933 are heftier than D3-9...
  • Plastic appears to be same (slight colour difference)...
  • DIN Rail Clips are removable (with effort), and clip back solidly...
  • They grip cables on a par with D3-9, perhaps slightly stronger...
  • Inspection hole (you can probe each contact with a meter), not available on D3-9...
  • The working voltage/current is not printed on the connector, it is on the D3-9
Tested with 2.5 stranded mains cable, I could not pull it out with the fores I applied, had I succeeded, it's up for grabs as what would fail first (I could have tested to destruction but I hate waste, so I will leave that to others).
The power handling capacity is proportional to contact area and its gripping force, to this end, this connector appears to be on a par or better that similar connectors I've tested.

Waiting on KV4312G, I suspect (judging by the detailed information supplied), this might be the main candidate for this application.

The rail clips supplied as part of the printed parts make moving things difficult, fine for one off insertion but if you choose to move a component held by these clips it's quite difficult.
The clips are flexible enough to insert but the design restricts the lever movement when it comes to taking them off (it bottoms out before spreading enough to take it off the rail).

Best be sure you know where to place things before clipping thing in place.

Last edited:
KV4312G, arrived today (took much longer to arrive but that's China), one was super fast delivery, the other got lost in the post for weeks...

My Rating:
  • Quality: top notch...
  • Grip on wires: vice like (nothing is going to come loose on this)...
  • Documentation: more detailed (giving it the edge)...
The D3-9 (not rail mounted) perform equally well, grip is excellent...

It's very hard to separate these, two of them (LT-933L & KV4312G) are possibly made by the same manufacturer but all three are pretty descent...

Testing Method: For the grip test, I used a nylon cable-tie (stronger than most 2.5 wires and less expensive), pulled to breaking point (or close to it).
All three tested perfectly, none let go, I'd feel happy enough to use any of them...

These tests were done for my peace of mind, it is in no way scientific, please stick to safety standard devices that are rated for your application.

Last edited: