What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

MCU connectivity issues

Shapetronix

After updating klipper on my Pi to V0.12, my MCUs were not connecting due to them still being on V0.11, I then recompiled and flashed the firmware for the Octopus MCU, the U2C and the SB2209 MCU, all were successful, and I can see the Otopus MCU when I run lsusb, and the SB2209 reports a UUID when I query the Canbus. All jumpers on boards back to normal, all boards connected as before. Power cycled a couple of times, but I am still getting an Error for unable to connect to EEBCAN when I reboot. Config files are unchanged and all UUIDs and USB serials remained unchanged and can be queried from the PI. What am I still missing to get the SB2209 back online?

Attachments

• klippy.zip
    643.3 KB · Views: 2
I am currently working on pretty much the same issue but with a Mellow Fly SB2040.

Looks like just a CANBUS guide, but I will check it out when I have time....which might be weeks away.

There are a few different posts regarding this around the intertubes. The most recent Klipper update was a "major" update and requires firmware updates for all MCU's. You are supposed to be able to fix this by building a revised firmware per the build instructions for your MCU. But it isn't just the main board controller that needs to be updated. It seems like if you installed the ADXL on your Pi, that creates an MCU there as well that needs to be updated.

I did the update, got the error, rebuilt firmware twice for my controller board, and still had the error. I made the error "go away" by commenting out the ADXL configuration from my printer.cfg file. I'm going to wait a while and see if more information gets posted. I'm not using the ADXL right now anyway. It may be as simple as re-installing the ADXL.

There are a few different posts regarding this around the intertubes. The most recent Klipper update was a "major" update and requires firmware updates for all MCU's. You are supposed to be able to fix this by building a revised firmware per the build instructions for your MCU. But it isn't just the main board controller that needs to be updated. It seems like if you installed the ADXL on your Pi, that creates an MCU there as well that needs to be updated.

I did the update, got the error, rebuilt firmware twice for my controller board, and still had the error. I made the error "go away" by commenting out the ADXL configuration from my printer.cfg file. I'm going to wait a while and see if more information gets posted. I'm not using the ADXL right now anyway. It may be as simple as re-installing the ADXL.
ADXL is part of my SB2209 canbut toolhead board. I suspect that I either flashed firmware incorrectly or in the wrong sequence. What worked was to build and make the firmware for the main MCU, then the SB2209. Then I put main MCU int DFU mode and flash, query and confirm. Reboot into normal mode. Put SB2209 into DFU, flash and query to confirm, reboot into normal mode. Then reboot Pi, and all was good. U2C can bridge did not need to be reflashed as it does not run a klipper MCU, only acts as a bridge. Hope that helps.