What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My Latest Voron V0 Mods: A Tinkering Journey and Looking for Suggestions!

Quality3ds

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering quite a bit lately with my V0 and I’m proud of the end result! Here’s a rundown of the upgrades and modifications I’ve made:

• Dragon Burner Cowling: Swapped out the original cowling for a dragon burner cowling made from Nylon CF I had spare. It looks fantastic and adds a unique touch.
  • Klicky Probe: Added the Klicky probe and mount for more accurate leveling. I know it’s overkill, but it’s fun and adds style to the printer.
  • Kirigami Bed: Replaced the bed with a Kirigami bed, which has been a game-changer for maintenance. You can easily unplug the bed cables and put the bed away.
  • FLY-SHT36 V2 CANbus: Installed the CANbus, which freed up the board fan port. This allowed me to add control for the Nevermore filter (exhaust fan) when printing ABS/ASA and freed the thermistor port to add chamber temperature control.
  • 120mm Aux Fan: Installed a huge 120mm aux fan for fast printing with PLA.
  • Bambu Lab Hotend: Upgraded to a Bambu Lab hotend to improve material flow.
  • Angry Cam: Added an Angry cam for timelapse and spaghetti detective.
  • LED Lights: Installed LED lights to help the camera focus and detect faults.
  • Wider Feet: Added wider feet for better stability.
  • TFT v1 Touch Screen: Originally added the TFT v1 touch screen to enable offline printing from the print cache and fast connection to local Wi-Fi. This printer is my traveling printer for show-and-tell events, and Klipper Screen keeps gaining more functionalities.
I know the loud elephant in the room is the stealthchop resonance noise by the stepper motors—I'll be tweaking that next. Currently, I'm using a Sherpa Mini extruder, but I’m considering upgrading to a Galileo 2 Extruder soon.
Klicky Probe Bed Mesh Video

While I also have a Bambu Lab X1C, there’s no tinkering involved, so where’s the fun in that? 😄

Any suggestions for the next mod I should consider?

Happy printing!

Well I would mod the space next to the printer with another printer.

If you are unsure of what to mod the printer is probably good where it is. Consider a Trident or 2.4 maybe? Annex Engineering has some nice printers as well.