What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

My Voron Trident 300 by Formbot

Grobi

Hi,
i just received my Trident kit from the CZ warehouse.
I orderd the 300 Trident kit with a Dargon High Flow Hotend.
The fast delivery has really surprised me, but that should not be the only surprise. I Orderd on saturday the 10th and received it on monday the 12th.

All parts look ok. Nothing speciel i would say. But for one of the cheapest kits (around 900€ incl shipping and tax).
Rails look got. Not a lot of play. oukeda motors for the z and moons for the rest.
Genuine Meanwell PS, Omron switch (cable shortend and crimped), Omron SSR, Octopus board and stepper, a BTT display. The screws are stainless. A precrimped wiring harness with PTFE cables and a filtered inlet.
Cablechains look ok and are openable. one length of continues gates belt, fans are doceng...

I quickly checked the box.. somewhat battered but not too bad for the weight.
At first i cut it open. On top a open cell foam sheet which i layed by side.
Then the panels. I measured them and the are fine. No defect or scratches.IMG_9100 (Large).JPG

The layer war a little bit of a mess. But here was the next suprise... some injection molded parts... With a lable "gives as gift". I didnt order this, but ok. I already have my own printed parts, but thanks...
The injection molded parts look ok, but there are extruder, exhaust and display parts.
IMG_E9101 (Large).JPGIMG_E9102 (Large).JPG

The next shift consisted of the heatbet. Bed looks good and flat. Pre crimped and a nice PEI sheat on springsteel.
IMG_E9103 (Large).JPG

The forth and last layer in the box hat the next suprise. It was neatly packed.
BUT what is this? A E3D clone... nice. a free hotend :D Shortly after ordering i got an email that my dragon hotend comes directly from china.
IMG_E9106 (Large).JPG

Here some additional shots...
IMG_9115 (Large).JPGIMG_9111 (Large).JPGIMG_9109 (Large).JPGIMG_9117 (Large).JPG

If you want more pictures and or informations on this kit feel free to ask!

Stefan

Attachments

• IMG_9110 (Large).JPG
    IMG_9110 (Large).JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 8
I’m really curious about those injection molded parts! Do you mind laying them out and posting some more detailed pictures?

I’m really curious about those injection molded parts! Do you mind laying them out and posting some more detailed pictures?
Dave, I believe they are a standard kit "gift" add. My Formbot kit included them as well. I ended up not using any of it, the Afterburner parts are setup for a V6 hotend and wouldn't work with my Dragon HF. Not to mention the red color didn't go with my build. The exhaust housing is nicely made. I mounted it, but ended up taking it off in place of a nevermore filter system.

What else are you wanting to know?

Dave, I believe they are a standard kit "gift" add. My Formbot kit included them as well. I ended up not using any of it, the Afterburner parts are setup for a V6 hotend and wouldn't work with my Dragon HF. Not to mention the red color didn't go with my build. The exhaust housing is nicely made. I mounted it, but ended up taking it off in place of a nevermore filter system.

What else are you wanting to know?
I’m just curious how well they are made. Obviously they are a few generations of parts old, but it’s interesting that they are including them. Part of the idea is that we are constantly updating the parts, so having an injection molded set of parts seem counterintuitive to me. Also, I’m curious if they will actually hold up!!

I’m just curious how well they are made. Obviously they are a few generations of parts old, but it’s interesting that they are including them. Part of the idea is that we are constantly updating the parts, so having an injection molded set of parts seem counterintuitive to me. Also, I’m curious if they will actually hold up!!
The injection molded parts look to be well made and their dimensions are good. I could be wrong, but my guess is this is inventory no longer needed and so they are added to kits as a "gift". The downside for a manufacturer, with quick changing development product, it can leave them with parts that will be out of date and or low demand.

Hi !
I'm new here, I also just ordered the Trident 300, but with the Dragon standard flow hotend.
I'm curious, how was your building experience? Was this your 1st printer, or 1st kit ?