What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Nozzle does not cool down when homing Z

Ho-whizzle

Hello all,

Long story short, I had to rebuild Klipper from scratch as soemthing went wrong with the last but after building the new Klipper Mainsail OS i noticed that the nozzle does NOT cooldown below 150 degree before homeing the Z. In my previous OS it will let me know after XY homing and before the Z homing that the nozzle temperature is cooling before homing Z. I dont know why I cannot find it in the Klipper instructions (I know its my old age) but if anyone can tell me where in the printer.cfg file this setting is, I will be very grateful.

add to the [probe] section of your printer.cfg

Note that you will need to have commands to restore nozzle temperature after homing elsewhere (e.g. in your PRINT_START macro).

Code:
activate_gcode:
    {% set PROBE_TEMP = 150 %}
    {% set MAX_TEMP = PROBE_TEMP + 5 %}
    {% set ACTUAL_TEMP = printer.extruder.temperature %}
    {% set TARGET_TEMP = printer.extruder.target %}

{% if TARGET_TEMP > PROBE_TEMP %}
        { action_respond_info('Extruder temperature target of %.1fC is too high, lowering to %.1fC' % (TARGET_TEMP, PROBE_TEMP)) }
        M109 S{ PROBE_TEMP }
    {% else %}
        # Temperature target is already low enough, but nozzle may still be too hot.
        {% if ACTUAL_TEMP > MAX_TEMP %}
            { action_respond_info('Extruder temperature %.1fC is still too high, waiting until below %.1fC' % (ACTUAL_TEMP, MAX_TEMP)) }
            TEMPERATURE_WAIT SENSOR=extruder MAXIMUM={ MAX_TEMP }
        {% endif %}
    {% endif %}

add to the [probe] section of your printer.cfg

Note that you will need to have commands to restore nozzle temperature after homing elsewhere (e.g. in your PRINT_START macro).

Code:
activate_gcode:
    {% set PROBE_TEMP = 150 %}
    {% set MAX_TEMP = PROBE_TEMP + 5 %}
    {% set ACTUAL_TEMP = printer.extruder.temperature %}
    {% set TARGET_TEMP = printer.extruder.target %}

{% if TARGET_TEMP > PROBE_TEMP %}
        { action_respond_info('Extruder temperature target of %.1fC is too high, lowering to %.1fC' % (TARGET_TEMP, PROBE_TEMP)) }
        M109 S{ PROBE_TEMP }
    {% else %}
        # Temperature target is already low enough, but nozzle may still be too hot.
        {% if ACTUAL_TEMP > MAX_TEMP %}
            { action_respond_info('Extruder temperature %.1fC is still too high, waiting until below %.1fC' % (ACTUAL_TEMP, MAX_TEMP)) }
            TEMPERATURE_WAIT SENSOR=extruder MAXIMUM={ MAX_TEMP }
        {% endif %}
    {% endif %}
Thanks for the code but does some reason it didn’t work.

Also, I don’t remember it being a G-code when I was setting it up. For some reason I thought it was in the probe section.

That gcode macro goes in the probe section. Put it in after the other settings lines.