What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Powering the leviathan during setup?

I have the LDO kit with a leviathan and the manual for the leviathan just glosses over how it is to be powered.

The setup for this is preceding any actual wiring that would power it and the pictures just don't show anything powering it.

What is the intent?

Thank you!!!

Some boards can be powered from the USB port, often with a jumper that has to be placed to select USB power. It has been a while since I've set up a Leviathan, but I don't believe it has that feature. In that case, the intention would be to power it from the 24V PSU. Typically, the software setup is done after wiring, such as in the Voron build docs.

Some boards can be powered from the USB port, often with a jumper that has to be placed to select USB power. It has been a while since I've set up a Leviathan, but I don't believe it has that feature. In that case, the intention would be to power it from the 24V PSU. Typically, the software setup is done after wiring, such as in the Voron build docs.

Thank you for confirming things for me. I have a 24v battery bank and I could also just wire it right to the included 24v PSU, there's nothing stopping me from doing that, but I didn't want to start doing things out of order (from the LDO guide) if that wasn't normal. I suppose, I am just going to wire everything but the leviathan, and do that last once it has power, and then do the software setup followed by the rest of the wiring.

Thanks again! Much appreciated.