What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Pros / Cons of Umbilical for Trident

Silicone is meant for high temperature but has high friction. The high friction limits movement in the wire bundle, increasing stress on the inner and outer wires, making the bundle act like a big fat wire. And silicone is also very flexibile which actually hurts because the flexibility means that the stresses are carried more by the copper. PTFE wire is less flexible, and generally has thicker sheathing which acts as a better strain relief, but has lower friction as well.

In my experience, PTFE sheathing is thinner than silicone, allowing you to stuff more of them in the same cable chain.

In my experience, PTFE sheathing is thinner than silicone, allowing you to stuff more of them in the same cable chain.
You are correct. I have FEP wires for my CANBUS setup and they are thinner than silicone given the same wire gauge, while PTFE is even thinner yet.

22 gauge outside wire diameter via McMaster-Carr:

Silicone .12"
FEP .07"
PTFE .05"

Where did u source ur parts for the un iCal. Am planning this mod.
You mean imbilical?
You need 4 wires, some PE sleeving, and PG7 cable glands. Or CNlinko instead as connector.
If you need printed parts, those depend on what CAN board you plan to use.