What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Protocol of eletrical power used for a print in history

Bluescreen2001

Hi

I use a Tasmota Wifi plug to power on/off my Voron (I am not a power user, so don't want the Raspi to be on forever). That works fine. I now wonder, if it is possible to read the plug's power meter before and after a print and put the difference into the history file. Technically it is easy to read the meter from a python script or something like that. But how can it be included into the history?

And a completely other question: How can I configure the printer to send me an Email if the print has been completed (good or bad result)? Maybe with an included picture from the printer's webcam.

Thanks
Thorsten

Hi

I use a Tasmota Wifi plug to power on/off my Voron (I am not a power user, so don't want the Raspi to be on forever). That works fine. I now wonder, if it is possible to read the plug's power meter before and after a print and put the difference into the history file. Technically it is easy to read the meter from a python script or something like that. But how can it be included into the history?

And a completely other question: How can I configure the printer to send me an Email if the print has been completed (good or bad result)? Maybe with an included picture from the printer's webcam.
Octoprint has plug-ins that do what you are asking for and quite a lot more.

The one thing it can never do is turn the plug on. I have to use a separate app for that. But once the Pi boots all the rest can be controlled from Octoprint.

One other thing you might want if you are using smart plugs is to control the lights. I need to run lights for the camera but if I am not looking I turn them off so I have a second smart plug for lighting.