What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Self sourcing a V0.?

Rusty105

Printer Model
Voron Zero
So, I am wrapping up my Switchwire build, and the itch to build another Voron is in full effect. Don't have time/space for Trident or 2.4, but I do have space for a V0. So I have a couple of questions.

1) Do I need a V0? I know only I can really answer this one, but let me know what you use them for.

2) Can you do Multi-color/material with the V0

3) What is the current version? I think it is 0.2, is a 0.3 coming soon?

4) How hard is it so self source the V0.2. I semi self sourced my Switchwire by grouping purchases (Frame kit, hardware kit, motion kit) I was able to pick the components/colors I wanted. Would like to do the same, if it makes sense.

5) If I went full kit, besides LDO, who makes an acceptable full kit. Nothing against LDO, just weighing options.

Thanks!!

1) I love my V0, it's fast and reliable and handle most of the prints I want/need.

2) Why wouldn't that be possible?

3) Voron 0.2 is the most recent iteration of the model. As for a possible 0.3, who knows? Those things usually just drop without too much warning, and it's part of the Voron design philosophy to always provide an update path, so I wouldn't be concerned.

4) It isn't difficult. Frame kits are available on many places, then buying the rest of the components isn't difficult as well if you know where to look.

5) On Aliexpress you can find kits from Formbot, Fysetc and Siboor, all of them are relatively close in quality. Obviously you have less control on which components are sent to you.

Yes you can source v0. There's a sourcing guide on official VORON web page providing links to components. If you can't buy them, look for alternatives on your local market.

Formbot is also pretty good kit. Siboor have improved since their first version too.

Ok, So I did a thing.....

I Pulled the trigger on the LDO kit from Fabreeko. I was going back and forth between a LDO kit, Formbot kit, and self sourcing. By time I got about 75% through the BOM I was just about at the cost of the LDO kit. Yes I would be able to get different panels, like smoked windows, and ACM for the solid panels, or a wider range of frame colors, but they were not as important as the quality parts. I am not afraid of the wiring, as I wired my Switchwire without a 'kit', it's just the LDO kit ticked all the boxes, and cheaper then me self sourcing, even if I grouped the components. I went with the Blue frame and Mushroom Cloud Grey accent parts. I chose to get the 3D prats through Fabreeko's commercial PIF program, as my Switchwire is not enclosed yet, and I think I am going to change up the color on that anyway. Look for a build log later this year, maybe early fall

Rusty.