What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Sensorless homing on LDO Leviathan control board

andrew96

Does anyone know if sensorless homing is an option with the LDO Leviathan control board?
If so, is there any documentation on how to set it up?

I am about to build a self-sourced V2.4 300mm with the Common Anomaly ultralight x-axis, which requires sensorless homing.
I prefer to use the LDO Leviathan as it has a smaller overall footprint than the BTT Octopus, though I may have to use the latter if sensorless homing is not supported on the Leviathan board.

Unfortunately there is no documentation anywhere on the planet for this. HOWEVER, I have a friend who a number of people worked with to set it all up only yesterday has just got it all working and tuned. If you want to hit me up on discord (I am #Oliver5000) then I can put you in touch privately; I'd rather not spread his name all over the interwebs without his permission!

the sample configs on the LDO github have the pins necessary documented, just commented out. Otherwise the sensorless tuning guide on the Voron docs is what you need to follow.

Basically you need to set diag0_pin: under the tmc5160 stepper_[xy] sections. There are no jumpers to set, they are dedicated pins.

Unfortunately there is no documentation anywhere on the planet for this. HOWEVER, I have a friend who a number of people worked with to set it all up only yesterday has just got it all working and tuned. If you want to hit me up on discord (I am #Oliver5000) then I can put you in touch privately; I'd rather not spread his name all over the interwebs without his permission!
Thanks! Just sent you a dm on discord.

the sample configs on the LDO github have the pins necessary documented, just commented out. Otherwise the sensorless tuning guide on the Voron docs is what you need to follow.

Basically you need to set diag0_pin: under the tmc5160 stepper_[xy] sections. There are no jumpers to set, they are dedicated pins.
I see, thanks for the guidance!