What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Sexbolt Neccessary with Euchlid probe.

KnotI

Hello, new to voron but not 3D printing. The sexbolt Z endstop, Is it neccessary if I am using a euclid probe ?

You can configure the probe as a virtual endstop. Thus you don't need the physical endstop.
But you can also use both, it's what I do.
Or are you asking if you should upgrade the z endstop that came with your kit to the sexbolt endstop?

You can configure the probe as a virtual endstop. Thus you don't need the physical endstop.
But you can also use both, it's what I do.
Or are you asking if you should upgrade the z endstop that came with your kit to the sexbolt endst
I was asking if I can use both I suppose? I wasn't entirely sure I could. What are the pros and cons to using both.

I use PCBklicky and normal z endstop.
I guess that way you don't have to get and attache the probe for z home.
I also use klipper auto z script, if the nozzle changes or bed heats I get the same z offset. Which is pretty neat.

But unless you often switch the nozzle you probably get a similar results from using your probe as a virtual z endstop.

Maybe someone with experience in virtual z can say something more about using it. Seems simpler.