What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Some help to know what for a LDO kit i bought

Dutchronnie

I have bought a LDO voron 2.4 kit from a web store, but i don't know exactly what for kit it is.

On the website they advertised with " Voron 2.4 R2-300 Kit - 300x300x300mm "

But on all the boxes is the title "Voron 2.4 kit by ldo motors REV. A"
In the motor box there is an square steppermotor from LDO.

My questions are?
- What version is this kit? is this a R2 kit?
- what manual do i have to follow to build this kit?
- What for extruder contains this kit (Clockwork 1 or clockwork 2)?
- and if is a clockwork 1, is it better to upgrade to clockwork 2, and what extra parts are needed.
- a hotend is not included, so i have to buy one. any advice which hotend it is best to buy?

I have searched the LDO website, but i can't see nothing that referenced to the REV. A kit, and also the net, but it is not clear to me.
a lot of questions, i hope somebody can tell me what i have. So i can find the right documents, and make the right upgrades.

Hi, Rev A was their first batch if I am not mistaken. here you can check what batch you have by serial number: https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/voron/voron2/300_BOM/HOME
Printed parts guide: https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/voron/voron2/printed_part_guide_rev_a

It is R2 kit. Follow normal VORON 2.4 assembly mannual, with addendums from LDO website. It contains parts for Clockwork 1.

I recommend getting parts for Clockwork 2, because then you can newest manuals for assembly. You will still print latest parts from VORON Github, with some LDO specific stuff which I listed previously.

To upgrade to Clockwork 2 with Stealthburner, you will need Nema 14 motors (Moons, or 20 mm LDO),5015 fan and some screws and LEDs. Here is link to Stealthurner resources, including bill of materials https://vorondesign.com/voron_stealthburner.

As for the hotend, that's a tricky question - it's like asking which car is the best. Best for what? Do you want ease of changing nozzles but be locked to specific ecosystem, or you want more universal solution where you can print abrazive materials? What materials you want to print? Do you print fast or slow? In general people are happy with Rapido hotends or Dragon hotends, popularity and trouble rate is about 50-50. Revo is also popular for fast nozzle changes but you are locked in their ecosystem and nozzle offerings are limited.

I'm pretty sure that Rev A kits don't come with a hot end or a Raspberry Pi. They didn't start including a hot end until the Rev C kits.

Yup. Some sellers had recently clearance sales and you could get LDO kit for like half the price. Very good value proposition especially for those who are not building their first printers and already have missing stuff.

Hi, Rev A was their first batch if I am not mistaken. here you can check what batch you have by serial number: https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/voron/voron2/300_BOM/HOME
Thanks, i also found this BOM, but my serial number isn't there, My number is: V2-2201270003

Because i am starting to build i wil go for the Stealthburner with a clockwork 2 extruder.
In the LDO kit is a box "Voron Stealthburner upgrade kit" is this enough to make the stealthburner with clockwork 2? execpt the steppermotor do i need other parts to buy?

My kit was coming with a raspberry pi 3

I think i go for a Pheatus Dragon or Rapido hotend, but it is not clear for me if both hotends come with a heater catridge and thermistor. Or do i have to buy them seperatly.
And if so, wich types do i need

I believe that upgrade kit allows you to make Stealthburner front and hotend mount, but keep Clockwork 1 extruder. You will have to print parts from this repository https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-Stealthburner/tree/cw1_compatible/STLs/Stealthburner/Printheads those with CW1 in name. If you buy Nema 14 motor, you should have everything needed for CW2. But check just in case if you have 5015 fan, Neopixel lights and 50 mm m3 screws.

Rapido hotend has thermistor and heater integrated into ceramic heater. Dragon comes without it. If you get Dragon HF, buy 50W cartridge instead of 40. You need like of those for V6 hotend. Thermistor get whichever you like, in cartridge not the glass bead. As for the type, unless you print high temperatures (above 270 or so) you will be fine with NTC100k B3950 or 104GT-2. For higher temps you may want to look into PT1000.

Thanks, now it is clear to me.

Ill go for a Dragon HF hotend and order that with a 24V-50W heater and a 104GT-2 thermistor.

And i order a new "Bondtech LDO Nema14 Round 20mm Pancake Motor" for the extruder.
The Stealthburner upgrade kit has a 5015 fan in it and also neopixels led's, and a lot of screws, nuts etc.

Thanks, now it is clear to me.

Ill go for a Dragon HF hotend and order that with a 24V-50W heater and a 104GT-2 thermistor.

And i order a new "Bondtech LDO Nema14 Round 20mm Pancake Motor" for the extruder.
The Stealthburner upgrade kit has a 5015 fan in it and also neopixels led's, and a lot of screws, nuts etc.
That soundsl ike a good plan then (y)

I have another question about this kit, maybe somebody know.

On the LDO website they say that there are 2 ledstrips included in the Kit, but i didn't find them.
There is a PCB included for the ledstrips.

I have a lot of ledstrips laying arround, so i can use one of them, but what types of ledstrips are recommended?
I Mean the ledstrips in the enclosure for lightning the case

I believe those are 24V dimmable strips. But you can use basically any LED strips, people do seem to like high-CRI COB strips like those from Samsing. Alternatively you can try for example Daylight On A Stick with strong white lights, or Disco On A Stick for all the RGB. https://github.com/bartlammers/Voron-Hardware/tree/master/Daylight You can buy complete pieces from various VORON vendors including those on Aliexpress.

Sorry, but i still have some questions about this kit. Hope you don't mind.

I have decided to go for the stealthburner with Clockworck2 extruder. This kit is provided with a pcb for on the afterburner.
But LDO has a manual so i can use this pcb also for the stealthburner.

Is it better to order the new 2 part pcb for the stealthburner?
Can the provided cable also mounted to the new pcb?

Does the new pcb offer more connections to make?

Clockworck2 extruder. This kit is provided with a pcb for
Is it better to order the new 2 part pcb for the stealthburner?
Can the provided cable also mounted to the new pcb?

Does the new pcb offer more connections to make?
I ordered separately the hartk 2pc cards, but I don't think ill use it to begin with. The ldo kit has precrimped cables and all those need to be redone to use the 2pc pcb. A lot of hastle bc i suck at crimping and also the 2pc pcb has a supertiny connector (smaller than the usual troublesome microfit)

Im building the ldo trident 300 rev A and going with stealthburner. My kit seems to include a breakout board that looks like an early hartk 1pc card with ldo modifications