What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Some new cool features in Prusa Slicer 2.6.1-rc1

Sanity Agathion

Administrator
Staff member
Voron Owner
There are some really nice new features coming to PS 2.6.1. I know Rhoban's Plater is pretty popular in VORON circles to create densely packed plates. This may make few people happy:
Trident Z assembly, screenshot courtesy of @yell

Another nifty feature seems arbitrary bed shapes - I know quite a few people turned their 3D printer into a (not very good) CNC and milled print surface a bit ... clever solution is to put it as a texture in slicer and don't place objects there. Now it can be auto-arranged with those areas excluded :ROFLMAO:

What other features would you appreciate? I know single perimeter on top and bottom is very popular choice, would be cool if they get that one going!

Attachments

• TridentZ2.png
    TridentZ2.png
    664.3 KB · Views: 21
This release brings significantly improved Arrange function

Very cool, non-convex packing! This explains why my PR Arrange room for skirt and brim #9181 never was merged - they were already working on similar things. I was going to look at non-convex packing after I got this first PR merged. Glad I waited! I have to try it and see if it works with skirt and brim, 2.6.0-rc2 didn't...