What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Tearing my hair our trying to flash Klipper

drpeej

I have spent 2 days trying to get Klipper to work

I keep getting this

2023-05-26_15-44-09.png

I have checked and double checked everything and done a clean installation twice

When I run ls /dev/serial/by-id I get this

pi@mainsailos:~ $ ls /dev/serial/by-id

usb-Klipper_stm32f446xx_1F000A000550314D35323820-if00

pi@mainsailos
:~ $

The start of my printer.cfg file is like this

[include mainsail.cfg]

[mcu]
# run ls /dev/serial/by-id/ in ssh terminal to get the controller name
serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32f446xx_1F000A000550314D35323820-if00

I attach my moonraker log

I can't think of anything else to try

Can anyone advise please?

Peter

Attachments

• moonraker-4.log
    179.6 KB · Views: 0
  • klippy-6.log
    703.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The error message is about the [mcu rpi] section in printer.cfg, it's not about the main [mcu] section.

The [mcu rpi] section refers to using the Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu, and connect stuff like a vibration sensor and maybe other things as well.
The [mcu] section refers to the primary mcu, such an Octopus or similar.

Your printer.cfg has an [mcu rpi] section but klipper can't find the configured comm socket "/tmp/klipper_host_mcu".
It's probably because the "klipper linux mcu Service" is not running.

I don't know if you are going to use the Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu, or if that section was just included in printer.cfg by default when klipper was installed.
In any case, you can comment out a couple of lines in printer.cfg and with a little luck get things going again.

Then, if you need an [mcu rpi] section for use with an [adxl345] and an [input_shaper] section, you can troubleshoot the "klipper linux mcu Service" later.
Or just leave the lines commented out if you don't need them.

Comment out these lines in printer.cfg, make them look like this:
Code:
#[mcu rpi]
#serial = /tmp/klipper_host_mcu

#[adxl345]
#cs_pin = rpi:None

#[resonance_tester]
#accel_chip = adxl345
#probe_points =
#        175, 175, 20

For reference, this is from the attached klippy-6.log:
Code:
mcu 'rpi': Starting connect
mcu 'rpi': Unable to open port: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/klipper_host_mcu'

More about using Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu: https://www.klipper3d.org/RPi_microcontroller.html

The error message is about the [mcu rpi] section in printer.cfg, it's not about the main [mcu] section.

The [mcu rpi] section refers to using the Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu, and connect stuff like a vibration sensor and maybe other things as well.
The [mcu] section refers to the primary mcu, such an Octopus or similar.

Your printer.cfg has an [mcu rpi] section but klipper can't find the configured comm socket "/tmp/klipper_host_mcu".
It's probably because the "klipper linux mcu Service" is not running.

I don't know if you are going to use the Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu, or if that section was just included in printer.cfg by default when klipper was installed.
In any case, you can comment out a couple of lines in printer.cfg and with a little luck get things going again.

Then, if you need an [mcu rpi] section for use with an [adxl345] and an [input_shaper] section, you can troubleshoot the "klipper linux mcu Service" later.
Or just leave the lines commented out if you don't need them.

Comment out these lines in printer.cfg, make them look like this:
Code:
#[mcu rpi]
#serial = /tmp/klipper_host_mcu

#[adxl345]
#cs_pin = rpi:None

#[resonance_tester]
#accel_chip = adxl345
#probe_points =
#        175, 175, 20

For reference, this is from the attached klippy-6.log:
Code:
mcu 'rpi': Starting connect
mcu 'rpi': Unable to open port: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/klipper_host_mcu'

More about using Raspberry Pi as an extra mcu: https://www.klipper3d.org/RPi_microcontroller.html
Thanks, thats really helpful. Its also similar to the advice I was given by the person I bought the kit from.

Unforunately I have had to retire to my bed feeling unwell so I cant check it out till tomorrow when I hope ill be feeling better

Peter