What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Trident printing in the air

Dmitriy

Printer Model
Trident (300x300)
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I just completed the assembly of a Trident. It took way more work than I had expected :( But it didn't catch on fire the first time I turned it on. :) The printer is as stock as it gets with a Formbot kit: Z-endstop + Omron. I followed all the setup instructions including Z Offset Adjustment: z-endstop_calibrate -> I got the nozzle on paper -> Accept _> Save_Config. There is a "position_endstop = 0.900" at the end of my printer.cfg. But with my first print, the printer is printing very high in the air (at least a full 1 mm) above the bed. Maybe even more. There is only very minimal filament oozing on the nozzle at it goes to touch the Z endstop. I use a handheld brush to wipe the nozzle just as it begins to move back towards the z endstop switch. The gcode I am printing calls the PRINT_START macro. Somehow the position_endstop adjustment is not taking effect or I measured it way wrong. What I am doing wrong? Please help. I know I can start messing with these values manually and get the bed up closer. But I am hesitant to mess something up. I want to understand what's wrong here.

printer.cfg and gcode

Attachments

• printer.cfg.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
I just completed the assembly of a Trident. It took way more work than I had expected :( But it didn't catch on fire the first time I turned it on. :) The printer is as stock as it gets with a Formbot kit: Z-endstop + Omron. I followed all the setup instructions including Z Offset Adjustment: z-endstop_calibrate -> I got the nozzle on paper -> Accept _> Save_Config. There is a "position_endstop = 0.900" at the end of my printer.cfg. But with my first print, the printer is printing very high in the air (at least a full 1 mm) above the bed. Maybe even more. There is only very minimal filament oozing on the nozzle at it goes to touch the Z endstop. I use a handheld brush to wipe the nozzle just as it begins to move back towards the z endstop switch. The gcode I am printing calls the PRINT_START macro. Somehow the position_endstop adjustment is not taking effect or I measured it way wrong. What I am doing wrong? Please help. I know I can start messing with these values manually and get the bed up closer. But I am hesitant to mess something up. I want to understand what's wrong here.

printer.cfg and gcode
This problem has been solved. I neglected to add a G28 in the PRINT_START macro after Z_TILT_ADJUST. I had one before. But I didn't have one after. A Discord member offered a solution.