What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Troubleshooting probe accuracy and QGL "Samples Exceed Tolerance" issues on a V2.4

bythorsthunder

Staff member
Voron Owner
Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Run a `PROBE_ACCURACY` in each corner at the qgl probe points. We are aiming for a standard deviation (SD) of under 0.003. If the SDs are all bad than a probe/toolhead issue is more likely. If one or two corners are worse than others an isolated Z motion issue is more likely.

Z issues:
-Check main belt tension: 140Hz on a 150mm length of belt.

-Check belt loop tension. Should be very taught with only a tiny amount of deflection when pressed or pulled at center of span.

-Ensure nothing is rubbing during Z motion. Specifically belt tails or gantry parts rubbing on panels.

-Check that large M5-40 bolts in Z blocks are tight.

-Test how probing speed effects accuracy. Found in the [probe] section.

-Check Z belt tensioners for excessive play or belt routing issues.

-Check Z drive grub screws.

-Check alignment of belt loops and main belts on the pulleys.

-Check all screws on gantry: Linear rails, XY joints, Idlers, AB drives.

Inductive Probe Issues:
-Ensure probe is secured firmly to toolhead.

-Ensure carriage is securely attached to linear rail carriage block.

-Ensure probe is triggered before nozzle touches bed.

-Inductive probes rarely experience a loss of accuracy as a failure mode but it is possible.

Klicky Specific Probe Issues:
-Ensure magnets are making good contact with no rocking.

-Try replacing probe and/or switch.

This GitHub project, KiloQubit/probe_accuracy, was REALLY helpful for getting my "Samples Exceed Tolerance" issues resolved. It showed more variation in certain corners and I slightly tightened those Z belts. I was using KlickyNG and also had to fiddle with the probe's switch pins a bit to get the magnets really flat. It has been very reliable since.

Found that mine was klicky was rocking on the magnets and causing the problem. When I rebuilt the probe head it was much better.