What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Update klipper on rpi MCU?

EricE555

Printer Model
Voron V2.4r
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner

Based on this message I was able to flash a new version of klipper to my fysetc spider board and it is now up to date. I did that by running make on my rPI. So if I did that via my pi, why isn't pi up to date?

In any case, I can't find any way to update the rpi klipper other than what fluid did for me. Does anyone know what I do to fix this?

You have to run make menu config again, this time selecting Linux process as the "micro-controller". Press Q, then Y to save the modifications, and then run make.

klipper_linux.png

PS: don't mind that Optional features (to reduce code size) option, I'm using a fork now, that shouldn't appear on the menu of mainstream Klipper.

You have to run make menu config again, this time selecting Linux process as the "micro-controller". Press Q, then Y to save the modifications, and then run make.

View attachment 3948

PS: don't mind that Optional features (to reduce code size) option, I'm using a fork now, that shouldn't appear on the menu of mainstream Klipper.
I tried this but nothing changed. The error still indicates "rpi: Current version v0.11.0-114-g0a645e49" which is not current. Is there another step after the make? I did a full power-off/power-on of the pi but no luck.

Last edited:
I tried this but nothing changed. The error still indicates "rpi: Current version v0.11.0-114-g0a645e49" which is not current. Is there another step after the make? I did a full power-off/power-on of the rpi but no luck.
Ok, let's try this:
  1. Run sudo service klipper stop first.
  2. Then enter make clean, this will clean any previous compilation.
  3. After that run make menuconfig, configure it for Linux process, save the configuration.
  4. Then run make flash (I forgot that parameter in the previous message, sorry about that)
  5. Finally, run sudo service klipper start
This should solve it.