What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Upgrade V2.4 to MGN12H or R2

Al555

Printer Model
V 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
I have a V2.4 and am considering moving to the MGN12H in preparation for adding the Tap when it is released. I assume if I don't want to do a major rebuild to R2 I can simply change out the X rail mounts and add the new Linear rail?

I'm also considering adding the StealthBurner with a Orbiter V2 but I suppose there will not be any mounts or modded files that will work with the Tap yet?

R2 is just MGN12, change only this and you are ready, TAP is just between linear rail and extruder holder. In two week we will know more :)

I'm also considering adding the StealthBurner with a Orbiter V2 but I suppose there will not be any mounts or modded files that will work with the Tap yet?
At this point anything that fits on the Clockwork2 mounting will work with Tap.

I upgraded my v2.4, so I could utilize the MGN12 rail, is wasn't too bad. I just upgraded the X carriage, XY joints and front idlers.

I upgraded my v2.4, so I could utilize the MGN12 rail, is wasn't too bad. I just upgraded the X carriage, XY joints and front idlers.
Is it the same hardware in new/old front idlers?
I have a2,4 R1 and are preparing for stealthburner, CW2 and TAP.
Wondering if i could just print the new front idlers and use the old ones hardware?

Is it the same hardware in new/old front idlers?
I have a2,4 R1 and are preparing for stealthburner, CW2 and TAP.
Wondering if i could just print the new front idlers and use the old ones hardware?
Yes, new front idlers will work with same hardware (I believe the only real change is the position of the bolt hole to align better with the idler).

Wait, the front idlers have changed? I didn't notice. I upgraded my rail for tap. Is there an advantage to upgrading the idlers?
Yes and no. If you aren't having premature wear on the belts likely won't matter. New idlers changed position of the bolt so that the idlers should no longer tilt under high tension (my 2.4r1 has no issue.. I will change as I have to pull the belt out anyway to upgrade the rail to mgn12)