What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

V0.2 bed level

Printer Model
V 0.2
Extruder Type
Other
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
I have it built and am trying to adjust the bed. I run the bed_screw_level macro and the print head goes to the three spots on the bed, I adjust the bed screws at each until the paper test is the same in all three. When I go to print though, the right side of the bed is further away ( filament doesn’t stick) and the left side is too close (nozzle gouges the build plate). What am I doing wrong??

Last edited:
The tension on the screws is irrelevant. Stick a piece of paper between the nozzle and bed and do the pull test; you want just a bit of resistance. I found that after doing that I had to make some very minor adjustments before it was completely dialed in (also initially a dumb assembly error made things extra hard). The good thing is once you get it dialed in, you can just leave it.

The tension on the screws is irrelevant. Stick a piece of paper between the nozzle and bed and do the pull test; you want just a bit of resistance. I found that after doing that I had to make some very minor adjustments before it was completely dialed in (also initially a dumb assembly error made things extra hard). The good thing is once you get it dialed in, you can just leave it.
That’s what I have done. Just a bit of resistance at each screw. But then I print and all heck breaks loose….

I feel you. Once I fixed my assembly error, I still went through the leveling process about three or four times. The bed is dialed in now, so it's running great. It just took a while & was a bit painful to get there.

I ran some test patches for first layer distributed across the bed to double check the paper calibration and that helped a bit.

I ran some test patches for first layer distributed across the bed to double check the paper calibration and that helped a bit.
I’m about done with this thing. Gone through the bed assembly 5 times. Run the paper test 20 times and nothing changes. Right side won’t stick and left side drags the bed. I even threw a level on the bed and it’s level. Gantry is square.

Last edited:
With one side not sticking and the other dragging, that still says to me the bed and gantry are not parallel. The assembly error I made was using one size too long screws for the carriage mounts; they bottomed out before locking the bed in place. It gave me fits trying to get it level. Double check that the bed mount isn't moving at all.

Did you ever figure out what was causing your issue? I'm having the exact same problem - the two back corners are perfect, and middle of the front is as well, but go to the front corners, and one will be too far from the nozzle and the other will be too close. I have tried a bunch of things and I'm no closer to solving it

Did you make sure everything was tight on the ball screw and bed. My POM Nut was loose which caused hours of troubleshooting. You should be able to wiggle your table by hand and it shouldn't move. If it does something is loose.