What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron 2.4, BTT Octo V1.1, Klipper, Mainsail, startup problems

JohannW

I'm having an issue with my:
X/Y endstop (passes continuity test but remains triggered/open in mainsail) I've tried adding ^ and ! and combinations of both in the printercfg.
PL-08N style probe not responding.
Fans not turning on (only one fan shows in the dashboard)
p.s. I am using the Gleipnir wiring harness V.031 and hotend/bed have temps and heat up, and motors buzz

Is there anything I can do to change the size of my photo to sub 1MB ? My pictures are nearly 4MB a piece.

Last edited:
Google "resize image", or just post them somewhere else with less strict requirements, and post a link (or come over to the discord. It's also way more forgiving about image sizes)

Is there anything I can do to change the size of my photo to sub 1MB ? My pictures are nearly 4MB a piece.
If you're on WIndows, right-click on the image fil in File Explorer and pick Edit. That should open it in good old Paint; You will see in the upper left-ish area a Resize option. Pick that and resize down. For my files I usually scale down to 10-25% for posting on the forums.

I copy and pasted the LDO motors Voron 2.4r2 printer CFG revision A version from GitHub, Via the instructions on the "Build it Basement" ultimate voron build series on YouTube, and then added hashs to the chamber thermistor section..... the bed and hotend and XYZ motors respond, as well as the Z endstop all work. I an unable to post it because ti has too many chericters.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue with my:
X/Y endstop (passes continuity test but remains triggered/open in mainsail) I've tried adding ^ and ! and combinations of both in the printercfg.
PL-08N style probe not responding.
Fans not turning on (only one fan shows in the dashboard)
p.s. I am using the Gleipnir wiring harness V.031 and hotend/bed have temps and heat up, and motors buzz
If it pass continuity all the way to the board, then it means that you are on the wrong connector

how do i get the file out of mainsail? the x/y has continuity, but IDK how I can test the probe the Fan I will test tomorrow when I can take the tool head apart.

Last edited:
how do i get the file out of mainsail? the x/y has continuity, but IDK how I can test the probe the Fan I will test tomorrow when I can take the tool head apart.
You press the download button. Either in the right click menu, or by selecting the file with the checkbox, and clicking the download button up above

okay, so, on a general note, using green wire for V-, and whatever else you've used it for, is really bad practice. You should reserve green for the safety gnd only.

but to the issue at hand:

the endstops should NOT be inverted (no !)

First, we need to test the switch & wire assemblies:
1. get your meter, and put it into continuity mode
2. power down the printer
3. meter between the gnd pin of the harness (center pin on either endstop connector) and the signal pin for X (bottom pin on the X connector) You should immediately see continuity
4. trigger the X endstop (the one on the LEFT of the pod), and while it is triggered, test continuity again on the same 2 points. There should no longer be continuity
5. rinse & repeat steps 3 & 4 for the Y endstop.

So, I'm getting continuity, and when I test the switch nothing happens, but when i test the switch its self it works. The X Jst connector to the board has 3 wires, the Y and ABL jst connectors have a single lead goes to the bottom pin insted of the center pin, the Z jst (the only working stop) I wired myself, I'm now wondering if this wire harness was meant for a different board.

do you have an XY endstop PCB? or two independent switches? (the 3 vs 1 wiring scheme you describe is fairly normal for the endstop pcbs, since they use a common gnd, both switches can share a single gnd link)

ya. so the 3 & 1 wiring is fine then. both switches share the GND wire from the one connector (which is fine) and the V+ wire is actually redundant: it's just there for compatibility with powered boards like the hall sensor boards.

I just want to make sure I'm understanding though:
when you test continuity between signal & gnd, it's there when the switch is triggered AND when the switch is not triggered?
that would suggest crossed wires, and you're actually testing between the two signal wires.