What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron 2.4 - Wear damage on Belt near to A-motor

Neelix

Printer Model
Voron 2.4r2
Extruder Type
Clockwork 1
Cooling Type
Afterburner
Hi!

I used my Voron 2.4 now over a year pretty happily. A few weeks ago, I needed to replace my first XY-belt. I thought that was just nominal wear, but now, the changed belt had enough wear again to prevent moving to the 0,0 position, without missing steps.
The problem in detail, I also included pictures:
When moving to the front corner (0,0), the belt attached to the B motor will move up on the idler attached to the A motor mount. The increased resistance induced step losses in motor B. First I thought it was something similar to this forum post, but my problem is on the opposite site.

What's strange to me, that I hadn't that problem for a year and now it happened twice. The seconds "incident" might have happened, because I increased my belt tightening and therefore making the base problem even worse, but I have no idea how to fix it, except changing my belt every few weeks/months.
Does anyone know how to fix this, or has some ideas how to get to the root of the problem?

Thx in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20230529_114414444.jpg
    PXL_20230529_114414444.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20230529_114422877.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230529_114422877.PORTRAIT.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 57
Yeah so it might be introduced from the front idlers. If it has a sight bend in it this can show up over the distance. Maybe look into RAMALA's idlers. These have two screws to make adjustments to help the belt run straight.

Posted the link. Something else I would look at it racking the Gantry to make sure it is super square.

Thx for the quick reply! I will try that. I squared the gantry yesterday, so that should be fine now.

Something else you might want to do is remove all the side panels, power off the printer and just sit behind or on the sides and move the toolhead around to see if you can find where the twist is coming from.

Thx for the quick reply! I will try that. I squared the gantry yesterday, so that should be fine now.
I have the exact same issue in the exact same place on a Trident. Did the replacement idlers resolve it for you?

I am fairly sure this is the cause of some very bad X axis artifacting I am getting

Didn't change them yet :DDDD I just turned the belt arround for now and printed the IDLErs for a future replacement