What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron Stealthburner Printhead for Bambu X1C/X1 Hotend

Rincewind76

Hello together,
you can find here a mod for the Stealthburner to use the Bambu lab X1/X1C hotend:
https://www.printables.com/model/322091-voron-stealthburner-printhead-for-bambu-x1cx1-hote
IMG_3922.jpg

The performance of the hotend of the Bambu Lab X1C/X1 is comparable to the Rapido hotend, but the price is only a fraction of the Rapido.
(This design was initially brought by Sam Schmidt as a proof of concept with quite some good results and then improved by MrTeliP and me)

bye,
Rincewind76

That is a clever idea, do you know what kind of thermistor Bambulab use with their hotends? The replacement part in their store looks like it's some standard glass bead type NTC.

That is a clever idea, do you know what kind of thermistor Bambulab use with their hotends? The replacement part in their store looks like it's some standard glass bead type NTC.
I swapped from a Revo to the Bambu hot-end and didn't need to change the thermistor type in the printer.cfg. It works perfectly set to ATC Semitec 104GT-2. The only change that i did make was to mod the original mount design by Sam, to reduce the gap around the hot-end itself, as the current design has a large open area below the heatsink that allows air from the hot-end fan to blow down over the heater block and nozzle.

I swapped from a Revo to the Bambu hot-end and didn't need to change the thermistor type in the printer.cfg. It works perfectly set to ATC Semitec 104GT-2. The only change that i did make was to mod the original mount design by Sam, to reduce the gap around the hot-end itself, as the current design has a large open area below the heatsink that allows air from the hot-end fan to blow down over the heater block and nozzle.
any pro tip on the wiring for this?

Hello together,
you can find here a mod for the Stealthburner to use the Bambu lab X1/X1C hotend:
https://www.printables.com/model/322091-voron-stealthburner-printhead-for-bambu-x1cx1-hote
View attachment 601

The performance of the hotend of the Bambu Lab X1C/X1 is comparable to the Rapido hotend, but the price is only a fraction of the Rapido.
(This design was initially brought by Sam Schmidt as a proof of concept with quite some good results and then improved by MrTeliP and me)

bye,
Rincewind76
How is the performance now?