What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Voron

TheMan

Wondering who owns or runs Voron? As well as who makes business decisions, and who "owns" the designs and approves new versions?

It's not a business, it's an open source project. Maks (russiancatfood) is the originator of the project.

Did he step away from it, or is he still the main guy? Who comes up with new official versions, him or is it by committee?

I searched for him, is he on this forum? The profile I found sill claims the Voron website, but I don't see anything else that shows his current involvement. Are people pretty free to do anything with the basic designs? Just who decides what a new version will be and who makes it official? I've watched a few videos that talk about their preferences and opinions, but they sound as though they don't have much input as far as the adopted direction.

RCF is very actively involved in the leadership of the project.

I searched for him, is he on this forum? The profile I found sill claims the Voron website, but I don't see anything else that shows his current involvement. Are people pretty free to do anything with the basic designs? Just who decides what a new version will be and who makes it official? I've watched a few videos that talk about their preferences and opinions, but they sound as though they don't have much input as far as the adopted direction.
AFAIK he isn't very active here on the forum (or even present at all), but you can easily find him on the Voron Discord server.