What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Where to start?

Jaybro8

Printer Model
Voron 0.2
I want to build myself one of these printers but i dont know where to start or what to buy first, i already have an Ender 3 Pro and an ender 3 max neo so i am planning on printing a lot of the parts. I live in Vancouver so i dont know if ill be able to get all if these parts shipped to my country.

Building a Voron is sort of a choose-your-own-adventure style quest. You could buy a straight-up kit with almost everything needed to build a Voron (although you may still need to buy some additional tools for assembly). Or you can load up the sourcing guide and buy every bolt, pulley, motor, etc individually from the recommended links on the spreadsheet. Up to you. Self-sourcing all of the components takes the longest and usually costs more; shipping from multiple vendors is rough.

There are multiple Voron vendors in Canada, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty having parts shipped to you!

I want to build myself one of these printers but i dont know where to start or what to buy first, i already have an Ender 3 Pro and an ender 3 max neo so i am planning on printing a lot of the parts. I live in Vancouver so i dont know if ill be able to get all if these parts shipped to my country.
Oh hi there. voron has several international vendors that sell either individual parts modifications or all in one build kits. very much a mod as much as you want or dont want, choose your own adventure deal.

you're in Canada, so your local guys to but kits or parts from would probably be Sparta3D if I remember correctly. as a plus they also make pretty nice ABS filaments you can use.

voron's functional parts have to be ABS/ASA because heat and vibrational flex longevity is an order of magnitude more than PLA/PETG.

there are 3 "main" types of vorons people go for that you can choose from

Voron V0.2 is a very small printer usually with a 120mm build area that uses much smaller parts and fits on a desktop easily.

trident aka "v1.9" which has a moving bed fixed gantry and 3 lead screws. can be in 250 size, 300 size, 300mm cubed size or a self sourced as a 350mm frame and dimensions.

V2.4 is like trident except the opposite method. the gantry moves and the bed is fixed to the frame. its a little bit slower but also heavier and very slightly sturdier. comes in 250, 300, and 350mm sizes.

all the cad files, parts STLs and manuals are available for free on the voron github and the vorondesign website.

if you need to learn about something with a video Steve Builds, Nero3d, and various other voron youtubers are great resources.

joining the official voron discord is highly recommended as a there is a bunch of pepple hanging out there if you run into problems, questions or build issues.

also you will need a raspberry pi3b/4b or similar Single Board Computer with at least 1gb ram to be the brains of a voron. 2 if you wanna get fancy with webcams stuff.