What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

White dusty like powder on hotend fan and inside of stealthburner head?

Hello All.

I have been noticing that I have some white powder sticking to my hotend fan and also found some of it around the center LED of the toolhead (Stealthburner)
(Attaching some images).

It does not seem to me like dust but more like chalk/calsium 'ish'.

This is something I have noticed building up since I started using the Stealthburner.
It might have been around same time I also started using isopropylalcohol to clean the PEI sheet between prints and Dimafix as adhesion.
I print 99.9 % in ASA (Black).

So could this be something that comes from either the isopropylalcohol or the Dimafix?

Does other have similar experiences.
I never saw this when I printed on my old printer with PLA and PETG. And I dont remember seing ANYTHING at all like this either in the beginning on my Voron when I was using the Afterburner head.
But at that time I was not using the isopropylalcohol or the Dimafix either.

/Zep

Attachments

• 20240317_110357 copy.jpg
    20240317_110357 copy.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240317_110407 copy.jpg
    20240317_110407 copy.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240317_110432 copy.jpg
    20240317_110432 copy.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 10
I suspect it's filament offgas residue that just builds up in those areas. I used to have this issue when I printed a lot of PETG on some Prusa MK3S machines, it gathered around the part cooling fan and other areas around the nozzle.

I shouldn't affect functionality, you should be good to go once you wipe it off. I just used a paper towel. For tricky to reach areas I just blasted some compressed air I had on hand.

I suspect it's filament offgas residue that just builds up in those areas. I used to have this issue when I printed a lot of PETG on some Prusa MK3S machines, it gathered around the part cooling fan and other areas around the nozzle.

I shouldn't affect functionality, you should be good to go once you wipe it off. I just used a paper towel. For tricky to reach areas I just blasted some compressed air I had on hand.
Yeah I dont feel either it will affect funtionality. I am just wondering what it is from.

The voron0 that I used for maybe ~4kg of ABS is already very gunked up on the windows by some resedue.
Do you use any filter in those printers?

That seems to me as a different issue though. I dont have that issue with the whole of the inside of the printer being covered and I dont really have issues other than this stuff attaching to where I showed/mention. I dont really have a feeling it is "harming" my printer but I will of course have this in mind in any case.

Yes I made some filters but those are just activated coal filters so that is mainly for the smell I guess.