What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

2.4 Advice

I love the fact my two printers fit onto Lack end tables, as it lets me do something with the collection of them I've had in the bedroom for a while (they also make great mock shelving units when you buy too many years ago as end tables and coffee tables for the living room, and then replace them with more usable furniture)

Wow…a testament, thats what that is. Well done Voron. Bambu will ultimately serve as my gateway printer to Voron…I’m ok with that.

So build surfaces?

My guess is you print where you build it meaning moving a large assembled Voron isn’t a picnic. Any suggestions for a large, sturdy table for assembly and then printing? Or what do you guys think the optimal dimensions would be for an assembly table?
If you are meaning: a table on which to build a 350mm voron 2.4 -- I built my 250 2.4 and my 300 trident on a piece of leftover granite 24x24 (from kitchen remodel) which is on top of a 12 inch turntable. The ability to rotate it while building is WONDERFUL!

Attachments

• 350 v2.4.png
    350 v2.4.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 12
Oh wow! What a great idea…i must steal it :)

I had an x1c on a relatively sturdy cabinet and it did not like it one bit...and prints suffered. I ended up just putting it on the floor. I’ve got the other x1 on a very sturdy workbench that’s older than i am (53), and it’s fine there. Thinking ahead to the conveyer I’m trying to find a surface that isn’t overly expensive. But when you start looking at affordable stuff you wonder how stable it really is.

I got the TS101 solder pen with CNCKitchen insert tips and I’m making a heat insert press. Couldnt find a TS100 clamp so i just made one. This batch of widgets has about another hour to go, then ill test the clamp. If it works i‘ll share…watch, someone here will have a link to a brilliant clamp already, which wouldnt bug me a bit. Goggle and duckduck or search engines aren’t what they were, and theres a ton more stuff too. Anyway, thanks again for all the help and good conversation.

Oh wow! What a great idea…i must steal it :)

I had an x1c on a relatively sturdy cabinet and it did not like it one bit...and prints suffered. I ended up just putting it on the floor. I’ve got the other x1 on a very sturdy workbench that’s older than i am (53), and it’s fine there. Thinking ahead to the conveyer I’m trying to find a surface that isn’t overly expensive. But when you start looking at affordable stuff you wonder how stable it really is.

I got the TS101 solder pen with CNCKitchen insert tips and I’m making a heat insert press. Couldnt find a TS100 clamp so i just made one. This batch of widgets has about another hour to go, then ill test the clamp. If it works i‘ll share…watch, someone here will have a link to a brilliant clamp already, which wouldnt bug me a bit. Goggle and duckduck or search engines aren’t what they were, and theres a ton more stuff too. Anyway, thanks again for all the help and good conversation.
Most of the places near me that sell granite counter tops have scrap around from cutting out sinks and such. Many are large enough and pretty darn cheap!

On a different topic, does anyone have or has anyone used a Statpro dry cabinet? If so, what do you think?

I was considering something this…

So, even tho the V2.4 is about the same $$$, you'd choose to build a Trident over a 2.4?
(I've got the same circumstances)
I also wound up going with the Trident over the v2.4 for my first printer. Two reasons come to mind as to why my second one is a v2.4, and a 350mm at that - it can print larger parts, and just as importantly I won a set of Chaotic Labs CNC parts...

< looks over at Trident > I sure did. The Trident is a bit simpler build and it's performed extremely well for me.
Okay, then it's you.
You are the one whose advice I followed last night and ordered my LDO Trident RevC kit from West3D.
(It happened to be on a Labor Day Sale $150 off and the Raspberry Pi boards are back)
I couldn't resist.
Thanks for helping me pull the trigger. :)

Okay, then it's you.
You are the one whose advice I followed last night and ordered my LDO Trident RevC kit from West3D.
(It happened to be on a Labor Day Sale $150 off and the Raspberry Pi boards are back)
I couldn't resist.
Thanks for helping me pull the trigger. :)
You will be happy with it :)