What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

3d printers bay kits?

MrSplott

Has anyone purchased a 2.4 350 kit from 3d printers bay? They're quite a bit cheaper than LDO and use Moons motors instead of LDO motors. Are they legit or should I avoid them? I'm just BARELY starting to dig in to the world of Voron but have lots of experience modifying and building 3d printers.

I just ordered one, I am skeptical, but I’ll let you know if it works out. If nothing else I used PayPal so I could get my money back if the product isn’t as advertised.

I ordered a 350mm kit from them on January 14th. I already received the main kit package, but the upgrades I added on are taking longer due to shipping from China instead of the California warehouse. It's a Formbot Voron 2.4 r2 Pro kit. The frame rails are their standard black.

I ordered a 350mm kit from them on January 14th. I already received the main kit package, but the upgrades I added on are taking longer due to shipping from China instead of the California warehouse. It's a Formbot Voron 2.4 r2 Pro kit. The frame rails are their standard black.
These resell Fysetc or Formbot kits?

These resell Fysetc or Formbot kits?
The kit I purchsed was a Formbot Voron 2.4 r2 Pro kit. The order page allows some slight customization of the kit with different hotend offerings and some BTT canbus options. They also offer purchase of the 3d printed parts. My kit was a black anodized formbot kit shipped in a box with a v6 hotend. All the optional items came separately later on. The prices look to be similar to the official Formbot page in fact eerily similar.

I copied this text from the 3d Printer Bay's order page for a Voron 2.4. "We are the official & authorized premium reseller of Formbot Voron Kits in the USA, Europe."

i've purchased three (pre-TAP) 350 2.4 Formbot kits from 3D Printers Bay over as many years. Also printed parts sets for two friends who also went thru 3D Printers Bay (last was built as a TAP). Each of the kits was a little bit different as Formbot seems to be trying to keep up the latest Voron releases. No experience with the latest Pi Clone they are including. The ends of the 2020 extrusions were square and also black anodized which was a nice touch. Primary harness wiring is good. I'm not a fan of CanBus. I did toss the secondary cable chain kit wiring and replaced with smaller gauge 19 strand PTFE. The recommended Voron Design wire gauges are way over spec'ed and a lot can be replaced with 26awg (or lighter) if you do the math leaving a very thin bundle to go thru the cable chains. Linear rail and Moon motor quality was just fine. Communication directly with Formbot was also good. Pay attention to any bowing or twisting in the 2020 for the X/Y. There was some measurable bowing the the last kit, but it turns out that just torquing the screws attaching the liinear rails to the 2020's can/will cause bowing. Ordering sequence of tightening the screws can affect the bowing, but that is true of any Voron (remember the TAP video where The Team correleated bumps in the high res bed mesh to rail attach screws?). Also stay way from the Dragon HF if you want to print TPU. The barrel is 1.90mm compared to the E3D 2.0mm. The narrower barrel tends to cause the TPU to bunch up then release and was an endless source of jams and intermittant binding which created blobs. All in all, I'd still recommend 3DPrintersBay.