What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Anyone else using a Super PINDA?

m00dawg

Well-known member
Printer Model
Voron 0.1
I haven't printed the cowling yet but I modded the Revo cowling to include a spot to mount a Super PINDA since I happen to have an extra one. I know klicky! I'll probably do that on my 2.4 build but that seemed lot a lot of extra complexity on a 0.1 over just running a PINDA to the head and connecting it to the board and want to keep things tidy.

Mostly I want to be able to map the bed so I know when it might be time to relevel it (and can use the bed map as a leveling aide). Even with Kirigami, I find I'm having to adjust the bed more often than I'd like. I'm guessing the changing weather (temperature) is playing a role plus things just settling or something. I check the beds on my Nylock-modded Prusas once a quarter unless I see something is overtly off. 0.1 requires reveling about every 3-5 prints right now.

Anyways curious if anyone has done this already and how it's been going?
 
I made a cowling with the probe mounted to the rear right hand corner, probing worked well and the mesh showed as expected.

I found that the problem of you having to re-level your bed may still be there though as I found the probe to keep constantly changing results even after a repeated mesh with same temps on bed, in and around the printer.. which I found odd.. or maybe a bad probe.

After several attempts and bad first layers I just reprinted the bed mounts and changed back to my previous cowling.. maybe I had a bad spool of abs with the bed mounts previously but find now I’m not having to adjust much at all just make sure I heat soak the bed to the same’ish temp each time seems to work best.

Would like a probe on mine though, and considering designing a clicky style but using the Z switch and just mounting it to the tool head (cowling) somehow or nozzle like the tap tap..
 
Oh I didn't think about the right rear! Mine was on the right front. Rear would be a better spot I think!

Since you mentioned bed mounts, are you using the standard V0 bed? I did find switching to the Kirigami made a noticeable difference in keeping things more level print to print. I still have to level the bed, but seems to be much much less, at least so far. It's not like say my Prusas though. I only relevel those once a quarter maybe.
 
Hey Moodawg!

Would you mind sending me a pic or better yet the STL for that cowel? I want to try this out on a micron build. Pic is fine, and I think the pinda will work well on the micro since it’s not a cantilever bed.
 
Sure! This is what I came up with. I didn't end up using it since I sort of got used to how the V0 bed levels and the Kirigami bed really helped. But I did print a partial prototype and it seemed to work. I made this in FreeCAD but I can certainly went the CAD over to you as well. This is the cowling from the 0.1 (not the 0.2) but that would be easy enough to replace (I just imported the unmodified cowling from the STEP files as I recall).
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot from 2023-08-30 08-04-04.png
    Screenshot from 2023-08-30 08-04-04.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot from 2023-08-30 08-06-26.png
    Screenshot from 2023-08-30 08-06-26.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
Top