What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Solved Auto Z-Calibration not working

Not formally no. I've had that filament for at least 6 months. It sits in a cabinet filled with my collected silica packets.

1. I'll have to google techniques to dry it
  2. Amazon. It worked perfectly before, I took a few months break from printing and now i'm having problems.
  3. I do need to go to the hardware store, I'll pick some up.
  4. Good point. I'll try that. Which do you think is best, paper towels or "shop towels" (the blue, fabric-like paper towels)?
2) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you bought a random sheet from Amazon, there is a significant possibility that it’s something other than PEI. Lots of other plastics work fine for a while, but then start to have significant problems. There is good news, however! If it is “fake PEI”, then it should still work OK if you do some prep work with it. The sandpaper scrub that I described should give it a nice, fresh surface that should work better. Try that as a first step, but if it’s still having issues, getting genuine PEI sheets from a reputable seller is highly recommended. I, personally, use the black Honeybadger PEI textured sheets. Hector from Fabreeko offered me a sample sheet to try, and I’ve been using it for about 6 months with zero issues. There are plenty of others that work great, but I can personally vouch for the Fabreeko sheets being very good.

4) I have a roll of the blue shop towels, but I literally only use them because I bought a roll a long time ago and haven’t used them up. Regular paper towels should be fine. Just avoid the super cheap ones that fall apart when you look at the funny.

Good luck!

So it looks like my best (and safest option is to put my roll of ABS in my printer chamber, which is in my garage and reaches about 45C in the winter, hanging it from my gantry😅
is this a good idea?

2) I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you bought a random sheet from Amazon, there is a significant possibility that it’s something other than PEI. Lots of other plastics work fine for a while, but then start to have significant problems. There is good news, however! If it is “fake PEI”, then it should still work OK if you do some prep work with it. The sandpaper scrub that I described should give it a nice, fresh surface that should work better. Try that as a first step, but if it’s still having issues, getting genuine PEI sheets from a reputable seller is highly recommended. I, personally, use the black Honeybadger PEI textured sheets. Hector from Fabreeko offered me a sample sheet to try, and I’ve been using it for about 6 months with zero issues. There are plenty of others that work great, but I can personally vouch for the Fabreeko sheets being very good.

4) I have a roll of the blue shop towels, but I literally only use them because I bought a roll a long time ago and haven’t used them up. Regular paper towels should be fine. Just avoid the super cheap ones that fall apart when you look at the funny.

Good luck!
Probably, the good reading the manual, the new Tap design moves away from PEI sheets(?)
I have an orbital sander that comes with P 80 and p 120 paper. I guessing the grit on these aren't fine enough? (is 80 and 120 the grit level?

Probably, the good reading the manual, the new Tap design moves away from PEI sheets(?)
I have an orbital sander that comes with P 80 and p 120 paper. I guessing the grit on these aren't fine enough? (is 80 and 120 the grit level?
Not sure what you mean about the Tap moving away from PEI. The tap sensor is designed to work with PEI, and Voron recommends PEI for a build surface.

As for the sanding, please only hand sand! You don’t need to take much material off! Typically, just a light scuffing that creates a uniform scratch pattern is sufficient. And 120 is more coarse than I would use.

So it looks like my best (and safest option is to put my roll of ABS in my printer chamber, which is in my garage and reaches about 45C in the winter, hanging it from my gantry😅
is this a good idea?
I’ve never tried this, but I don’t think that it will be hot enough. You typically need to get closer to 80 deg. C for ABS for several hours (I run mine overnight at about 200F since that’s what I’ve got on my drier.)

I really gave it to my sheet! I tried to be gentle, but I was generous. :cool:
Hopefully, I won't have problems post-print ( I ruined a sheet with p120 once)

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE HELP EVERYONE!!!
IMG_0019.jpeg