What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

BigTreeTech (BTT) Pi V1.2 (Raspberry Pi 3B+ equivalent) Now Available for Purchase!

Mxbrnr

Here it is folks, have at it! It's basically a full Pi version of the BTT CB1, and requires the CB1 OS download from the BTT GitHub. As far as I can tell anyway; I'm still pretty new to this.

having got one of these in my V0.2 kit from Formbot and having to wait to see how to get it running klipper, I have to admit that the process of getting it on and configured looks to be more of a pain than getting a Rpi4 up and running.
I know that we have KIAUH to help simplify the process but I doubt that this board will get the same treatment, at least not for a while.
I will definitely be having a go though, mainly just to see how it fairs against the Rpi4 and to see how the install process goes.

having got one of these in my V0.2 kit from Formbot and having to wait to see how to get it running klipper, I have to admit that the process of getting it on and configured looks to be more of a pain than getting a Rpi4 up and running.
I know that we have KIAUH to help simplify the process but I doubt that this board will get the same treatment, at least not for a while.
I will definitely be having a go though, mainly just to see how it fairs against the Rpi4 and to see how the install process goes.
I have it running on the Formbot V0.2 kit that I just finished. Seems to be working great so far, and nice that it doesn’t require a 5V transformer. But it does requires
the BTT CB1 OS (which includes Klipper, Mainsail, and several others built-in) from the BTT GitHub repo rather than the typical Raspberry Pi OS. Only issue I have had is that it’s mounting holes are slightly different, and so it won’t work with the Pi mount clips from the standard BOM STLs, and the pins are on the other side of the board, so the pre-fab’d wiring harness can be a bit of a stretch reaching it.

Oh yeah, I am not saying it is the end-all-be-all, but I don't think it was intended that way. It just makes for a decent alternative to applications needing the general basics and nothing more than a Pi 3B+ while helping during the "supply chain" shortage. It came included with my Formbot V0.2 kit, and has more than enough provisions for my uses in that application.

Great to have alternatives but I got a Pi4 at Microcenter the other day and I do think Pi5 should be out soon.

I have it running on the Formbot V0.2 kit that I just finished. Seems to be working great so far, and nice that it doesn’t require a 5V transformer. But it does requires
the BTT CB1 OS (which includes Klipper, Mainsail, and several others built-in) from the BTT GitHub repo rather than the typical Raspberry Pi OS. Only issue I have had is that it’s mounting holes are slightly different, and so it won’t work with the Pi mount clips from the standard BOM STLs, and the pins are on the other side of the board, so the pre-fab’d wiring harness can be a bit of a stretch reaching it.
Did you get your Wifi working? I can only run mine via Ethernet.

I thought they just upgraded the Rpi4?
New more powerful processor.

Ref the Btt pi, I got it up and running last night and while the hoops to jump though were interesting I wouldn't say that it was a complete install of the bits it needs. Nor would I say it was any easier to install than a Rpi. I did spend a little while updating the repo's and wot not.
So far it seems to do as it should be but I have to finish the build first to confirm.

If it doesn't meet my requirements I do have a spare Rpi4
But its good to have a play with and see if its a reasonable temporary replacement for the Rpi.

Did you get your Wifi working? I can only run mine via Ethernet.
Yes, the WiFi on mine is working. Make sure you install the remote antenna that came with it, and there is a part in one of the config files that you have to edit via Notepad before installing the SD card into the Pi. Follow the BTT CB1 OS install manual and it should give you everything you need to know. Should work natively after that.

Have any of you got the BTT PI v1.2 to boot from USB disk. Have one spare for mine. The doc for CM1 on PI carrier uses two swtches that isn't on the 1.2 card. But the OS/Klipper combo on a SD card works good and almost as fast as RPI4 from same type of card. My RPI4 in a 2.4R2 is much faster with a SSD on USB - and small difference between USB2 and USB3.

Ok I cannot get the BTT Pi v1.2 to boot from USB flash drive, I`ve followed the instructions changed the system config to my Router and password on the USB boot drive but no joy. I am doing something wrong for sure but despite trying over and over no joy I am powering the BTT Pi by USB C, have built the current v2.4 r2 Formbot kit, and am at the software installation stage.