What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

BigTreeTech SB2209 CAN Bus Expansion Board with Rapido 2 hf hotend not compatible?

800VatorKing

Hello I have BTT-SB2209-V1 on the way and I am going though the documentation and see that my hotend, Rapido 2 HF, uses the 104NT thermistor. Is there any way to get this to work with the can bus board since it only has pt100/pt1000 jumpers? Any help would be appreciated.

Hello I have BTT-SB2209-V1 on the way and I am going though the documentation and see that my hotend, Rapido 2 HF, uses the 104NT thermistor. Is there any way to get this to work with the can bus board since it only has pt100/pt1000 jumpers? Any help would be appreciated.
Does it have normal TH0 port for thermistor? If yes, just connect it there.

There is a two-pin TH0 connector next to the PT100/1000 connector. Just make sure you have the correct pin and thermistor type specified in your printer.cfg. You don't need to touch the PT1000 switches at all. I think the Mellow boards do share the same connector for thermistors and PT100/1000, so maybe that's where the confusion lies.

IIRC, the Rapido V2 thermistor comes with a 2-pin Microfit on it, so I just made a short Microfit to GH adapter cable using parts included with the BTT board, rather than trying to splice a tiny GH 1.25mm pins directly onto the thermistor wires.