What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Change the username and password of the control board(CB1)

qcx

Printer Model
Voron 2.4
Extruder Type
Clockwork 2
Cooling Type
Stealthburner
If I change my username and password for the control board, what do I need to do before I can get back to printing? I understand that since the MCU has been flashed, all that I may be missing are klipper-related configurations. If I back up my ~ directory under the old user and import them after the change, klipper should automatically boot to life, right?

What you describe will not actually work, since the service files that run klipper (and moonraker) will still be looking for it in the old location.

My suggestion would be to just change the password, leave the username alone.

If you really want to change the username too, I'd suggest just backing up configs, and then reinstalling all the software under the new user, probably via kiauh

What you describe will not actually work, since the service files that run klipper (and moonraker) will still be looking for it in the old location.

My suggestion would be to just change the password, leave the username alone.

If you really want to change the username too, I'd suggest just backing up configs, and then reinstalling all the software under the new user, probably via kiauh
I see. The bottom line should be that I won't need to reflash MCU and CAN right?

The only thing that leads to needing to reflash mcus is updating klipper.

Of course, if you end up doing what I mentioned, and reinstalling klipper, that likely means you're going to effectively have updated klipper. Depending on how out of date you were, that *might* end up forcing firmware updates.