What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

connecting to RasPi

I had an issue recently where my raspberry pi on my V0 suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly. Wired was perfectly fine. All of my other wireless devices were fine. Tried other raspberry pi's and none of them worked either. No changes to my network. It took a few weeks for me to finally actually check my wireless network. It would seem that EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. in my neighborhood decided to use the same wireless channel I was using.

Switched to a different wireless channel and all of a sudden my raspberry pi connected to my wireless network just fine.

I found that when working with a new Pi setup, I will burn the image using the raspberry PI imager. This software lets
you set the wifi password, user ID, password, and host name. It also helps if you know a bit about dns / router / switch to poke
at your dns+router to find the IP address. Depending on just where that Raspberry PI is installed, like under a big hot
machine with metal + electronics I go with a direct cat 5/6 hookup.

A big cheat is also to hook video / keyboard / mouse / lan cable and do the the OS+ patches + applications s/w installation.

FYI: Do not use the higher speed Raspberry PI 5 - stay with the RP 4 or 3 for best compatible to that the 3d printer suite.

The final installation would be to record the MAC address of the raspberry PI so I can use my router to provide it with
a fix IP address of my choice.