What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Connection issue after flashing klipper.bin

DennisJacobs

Hi there,

I have an issue when flashing my klipper.bin via usb from my Raspbery Pi 3B to my Spider v2.2 board.

I am following this guide
[I follow the guide](https://docs.vorondesign.com/build/software/spider_klipper.html)

After I flashed the klipper.bin file I am able to find the serial connection to the board. using "ls /dev/serial/by-id". But after power cycling the Spider board (and remove BT0/3.3V jumper). I am not able to acces the Spider board anymore.

See below for my menuconfig settings and the terminal windows where you can see at the end (after power cycling the spider board). It can not acces the serial/by-id directory.

I need to be able to find the serial connection after power cycling the Spider board to be able to continue and set the printer.cfg file. Any one has any advice for me? Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 203455.png

Screenshot 2023-01-29 203241.png

How is your Pi connected to the Spider? I have my Pi connected to my Octopus via the GPIO and I cannot run the ls /dev/serial/by-id/ either (the directory does not exist on my install). However, with a GPIO connection, you use the /dev/ttyAMA0 path for your mcu serial parameter.

How is your Pi connected to the Spider? I have my Pi connected to my Octopus via the GPIO and I cannot run the ls /dev/serial/by-id/ either (the directory does not exist on my install). However, with a GPIO connection, you use the /dev/ttyAMA0 path for your mcu serial parameter.
hey, thanks for your respond, My Pi is connected to the spider board trough usb and also trough the GPIO serial bus. I think I will try again using the serial interface and use the ttyAMA0 interface

hey, thanks for your respond, My Pi is connected to the spider board trough usb and also trough the GPIO serial bus. I think I will try again using the serial interface and use the ttyAMA0 interface

It needs to be one way or another, and the firmware needs to be setup with the method you are choosing to use (including serial speed, if so chosen).