What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

decided to go and try can bus

3dCase

Since Amazon needs to sell me 49 euro worth of things, I decided to add a can bus board to have free shipping :cool:
We will see how this will work out and if it looks too iffy I might simply stick with having too many wires :ROFLMAO:
Bigtreetech EBB 36 can V1.2, TMV2209 on board, based on STM32G0B1CBT6 Chip,
Anybody got tips? Will not do it immediately because need some more parts first for my cpap fan and new toolhead which I am designing.
Should be fun to try but I already have the distinct feeling I need more items before I can work with can bus. :unsure:

I recommend following and reading Esotrical's guide.

I recommend following and reading Esotrical's guide.
Did you do this as well or did you use another system?
If you know the answer, does the EBB36 can board support pure USB as well?
And if so, do I still need the U2C board as interface to the pi?
I have bought all these things already, just checking if I am on the right path or on the highway to hell?

Did you do this as well or did you use another system?
If you know the answer, does the EBB36 can board support pure USB as well?
And if so, do I still need the U2C board as interface to the pi?
I have bought all these things already, just checking if I am on the right path or on the highway to hell?
I switched from CAN to Nitehawk using USB protocol.

I don't think the EBB36 can use USB for anything but flashing but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure you need the U2C.

I switched from CAN to Nitehawk using USB protocol.

I don't think the EBB36 can use USB for anything but flashing but I could be wrong.
Pretty sure you need the U2C.
So if you already had CAN, what was the reason you switched to USB?

Soooo, now I fully admit I went for this EBB36 and afterwards added the U2C only because I needed to spend more money on Amazon to get the free shipping. :censored:
Here in Bulgaria I have often no real possibility to buy certain stuff locally so I buy from Amazon, then when the costs are nearly to their limit of free shipping, what do you do? In my case I simply add stuff, in this case these boards.
But I should have researched first and decide after that. Yep, sometimes I simply buy things without thinking.
Can you share with me your setup specifics (parts) and wiring? Just so I can do my research into weather I want to go your way or stick with the EBB?
When you say USB is simpler, you mean the setup? How did you solve the power supply and the USB connector and cable issue? Must have found some flexible cable because I recall you run an umbilical as well right?

Yeah, USB setup is simpler IMO then CAN.
Here is a repo of my config, its a little old but still pretty close to what I am currently running. https://github.com/NoGuru2/VoronV2.4/tree/main/printer_data/config
If you look here, you can see the cable is special and has power and ground with it. https://docs.ldomotors.com/en/Toolboard/nitehawk-sb

I'll see if I can find some pics of my toolhead and the Umbilical setup.
Yes looks easier. Problem is I can only find 2 suppliers with the nitehawk SB, and I want it to fit to an orbiter. None have the nitehakw-36 in stock anywhere, which seems strange but ok. I am still not sure now, if anybody had the nitehawk-36 in stock I might have gone for it but now I think i will just bite the bullet and try the canbus which I have. Still time. Need to print my cpap parts first in some good heat resistant material.