What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Favorite TPU Filaments

EvilleRock

What TPU are you having the best results with? I’ve been fighting with clogging. I’ve tried PolyFlex TPU90 TPU95 and I love it, except for clogging. I’ve also tried NinjaTech Cheetah but that clogs, as well.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you're even getting it through the tube. I'm having problems with my Hatchbox TPU. I'm making something to remedy the issue, but it's going to take me a week or so. I had a problem with my extruder overheating and melting my motor mount and someone has been nice enough to ship a replacement mount for me. Once I get everything recalibrated I'll start working on it again. I believe you're subscribed to the thread. I'll update as soon as I have a working prototype.

I'm surprised you're even getting it through the tube. I'm having problems with my Hatchbox TPU. I'm making something to remedy the issue, but it's going to take me a week or so. I had a problem with my extruder overheating and melting my motor mount and someone has been nice enough to ship a replacement mount for me. Once I get everything recalibrated I'll start working on it again. I believe you're subscribed to the thread. I'll update as soon as I have a working prototype.
I think 'getting it through the tube' is a big part of my problem. I saw a video that suggested eliminating all or, at least, most of the reverse bowden tube. I'm going to give that a shot.

Video Link:
3DPrinterSchool

I think 'getting it through the tube' is a big part of my problem. I saw a video that suggested eliminating all or, at least, most of the reverse bowden tube. I'm going to give that a shot.

Video Link:
3DPrinterSchool
works a bit but i found myself having to give the filament feed slack and it got messy and tangled on longer prints. New parts will be here tomorrow. If they come early enough, I'll be able to test and report back before I go out of town for a couple of days.

works a bit but i found myself having to give the filament feed slack and it got messy and tangled on longer prints. New parts will be here tomorrow. If they come early enough, I'll be able to test and report back before I go out of town for a couple of days.
I know what it's like trying to keep slack in the line.

I had some scrap PTFE tubing from replacing the tube a month ago. I cut a piece about 6" (150mm) long just to feed through the back panel of the Voron. Did a 30 minute print as a test and the results are promising. I need more tuning, but I saw a real improvement. Looking forward to seeing your "Auxiliary Filament Pre-feed" mod.

By the way the Polyflex is TPU95, not TPU90 as stated earlier.

I have had good luck with inland, the microcenter house brand of eSun filaments. Just did a bin in vase mode that came out nice. Drying it before every use (which is intermittent) though.

View attachment 2253
That really looks incredible. I'd be interested in additional information that you would care to offer. Machine details, Nozzle Size, Speed, Retraction, or anything else.

Last edited:
I want to try Ninjaflex but it's so expensive. I've been using the Overture TPU, which 95A I think. Haven't got it to print with no boogers but it's performance for hinges and stuff is excellent!!

I've used ColorFabb Varioshore recently with great success. It needs a very different printing profile as flowrate is controlled not only by the extruder but also the temperature and the time the filament spends in the hotend so pressure advance and retractions are absolutely useless and varying speeds based on line type creates issues. But it does work very well once you dial it in. I'm going to make a filament battle thread on this one soon but happy to answer questions in the meantime.