What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Filament battles - What is you experience with Hatchbox ABS?

DustinSpeed

Staff member
Voron Owner
What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?

So gonna break this into 2 parts. Standard hatchbox is fine. Prints ok is. No issues.

But paintfree ABS from hatchbox. Is some of the most stunning ABS I have ever printed with. Actually seems to like to run colder a few degrees. BUT the kicker is the price this is some of the most expensive non-exotic or filled material I have ever bought. It's only worth if for something truly special.

I recently purchased hatchbox Transparent Yellow and Transparent Green ABS. It prints nice, looks good and I like it has little odor. I'm running 230° C hotend and 110° C on the bedplate. Chamber temp was 47° C. I will most likely purchase more of their product.

I have not tried their "paintfree". In fact I'm not sure what that means.

What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?
Hatchbox is the only brand of ABS I've ever used, except for one spool of KVP. (I couldn't get the KVP dialed in, but I think KVP was having quality control issues at the time AND it was the first filament I ran on my V2.4.) I'm happy with Hatchbox and don't see a need to shop for better. All the colors that I've used work well with the same profile settings. The RED looks a little washed out, but the other colors are very nice. I can almost always find it on Amazon.