What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Filament battles - What is you experience with Matter Hacker’s build ABS?

DustinSpeed

Staff member
Voron Owner
What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?

My son's robotics team uses this for their default filament, and it's decidedly OK. We have done some pretty aggressive "stress tests" on this stuff since it is used for functional parts, and I can say that the strength and layer adhesion is pretty good. I put it in the same category with generic Hatchbox, Inland, and eSun. I would have no problem using this as an every-day filament.

1) The color selection is fairly good, and they have some colors that look nice. The color consistency has been good through about 5 or 6 rolls that I have personally run through my printers.

2) It prints OK. No complaints, but it isn't the best that I have used.

3) I use my generic ABS setting to print at 265 nozzle, 110 plate, and a 55 deg chamber. I have not had any issues with warping or bed adhesion.

4) You can get discounts with larger orders, and I think that it is absolutely worth the price.