What's new
VORON Design

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members!

Question Filament battles - What is you experience with Sparta3D ABS?

DustinSpeed

Staff member
Voron Owner
What has been your experience with printing both for and on your voron.

Do you like the color selection?

Does it print well?

Any special considerations?

Is it worth the price?

I only have limited experience with Sparta's ABS, in my case the sparkle. It runs great, looks great, and the parts turn out really nice.

It prints well but It sticks so well that it destroys the plate. I ordered a lot of it since the color selection is really good but ended up selling it at a discount for another member. If you are having adhesion issues with other ABS, I would give it a go. Even with shipping from Canada to USA it is a great deal price wise.

I ordered my first batch of Sparta3d Sparkle ABS and currently printing my Salad Fork parks. It does string and does not require too hot of a temperature to print. I found it takes more cooling to get overhangs and bridging to look good due to how soft it can be compared to other brands. Other than that, I am happy with it. Coming from KVP and eSun.

It prints well but It sticks so well that it destroys the plate. I ordered a lot of it since the color selection is really good but ended up selling it at a discount for another member. If you are having adhesion issues with other ABS, I would give it a go. Even with shipping from Canada to USA it is a great deal price wise.
I’ve noticed that if the first layer is not right, it can stick too well to the plate and can be a pain to remove of the pieces are lower in z height.

Sparta sparkly ABS pro has among the (actually the) worst mechanical properties of any ABS +/Pro I have tested. It has maybe 20-30% the layer adhesion of Standard ABS. And maybe 50% the adhesion of other ABS +/Pro Like Esun ABS+.

It prints nice, looks great. But, terrible mechanical properties at any temperature.

I make parts for sale and test my filament systematically (ala my tech fun. Essentially manual CNC kitchen style, no fancy machine) , Through a range of temps. Sparta is bottom of the pile.

Also, you can not leave a bad review for Sparta filament on the website, because it will not be there. He will take it off. Not really how that's supposed to work, right? That partially explains the exclusively 5 start ratings on the site.

Dont take my word for it. Do some vase mode prints with Sparta ABS pro and some other filaments you have and crumble/rip them with your hands. You will see. Its pretty garbage.

ps.... about Esun+ it gets a bad wrap. Print it hot 260-270 and layer adhesion is decent. But if you want strength good old Standard ABS.